• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have a fixed power scope on my 870 currently, and it's been doing the job. Does anyone use a dependable illuminated scope on a slug gun? Reason I am interested in illumination is the place I hunt loses daylight rather quickly as the sun gets blocked by a large hill, so having a bright center point would be beneficial, plus some added magnification wouldn't hurt.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I've found that an illuminated reticle/red or green dot makes it impossible to see in a low light environment.

They are fine when the sun is still shining, but will blind you a half an hour before sunrise and a half an hour after sunset. Which is the ONLY time I see deer on the property I hunt on.

You will not see the deer when you look through the device. You will just see an incredibly bright light. Even at a lower light setting.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I've found that an illuminated reticle/red or green dot makes it impossible to see in a low light environment.

They are fine when the sun is still shining, but will blind you a half an hour before sunrise and a half an hour after sunset. Which is the ONLY time I see deer on the property I hunt on.

You will not see the deer when you look through the device. You will just see an incredibly bright light. Even at a lower light setting.

I use the 1x4 Burris TAC 30 on my hunting rifle (and other rifles), its great since you can go with either a black dot or turn on the illumination at 5 or 6 different brightness settings.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Yep, between my friends and I we have 6 of them. Love that optic!

The PEPR sight is set up for the AR so you would most likely only need the scope and a set of 30mm rings with a Weaver base for your 870.

The one you linked to also has a Fast fire that comes with it (in addition to the PEPR) so the package price is a bit more than just the TAC 30 by it self.

ETA; Call them up and ask about slug guns. I've called before, they will answer the phone and answer questions.

Yep, between my friends and I we have 6 of them. Love that optic!

The PEPR sight is set up for the AR so you would most likely only need the scope and a set of 30mm rings with a Weaver base for your 870.

The one you linked to also has a Fast fire that comes with it (in addition to the PEPR) so the package price is a bit more than just the TAC 30 by it self.

ETA; Call them up and ask about slug guns. I've called before, they will answer the phone and answer questions.

Thanks! I had a PEPR mount on an AR with a different optic, and liked the mount. Nice that this Burris comes with the PEPR

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Luepold Ultimatelam firedot. Does a great job gathering light at twighlight and low setting red dot is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom