• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I wasn't aware there was a law prohibiting me from discharging a firearm during certain times of the year. I shoot year-round, day/night.

I don't mind when the deer hear gunshots. It just increases my chances to get more than one when rifle season opens, because they ignore the gunshot noise. lol.

When the neighbors shoot all day long and stop at nightfall, I know that they'd be fine with me doing some nighttime steel shooting. It's just how that works.

learjet

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2007
    just happened to me last saturday...but it was my 12 year old granddaughter during the junior hunt. These single shots during archery season on the junior hunt days should make all of us hunters happy!

showimage.php
    [/url][/IMG]

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    Most deer hunters in this state are a joke. They all must be disabled and have to drive a truck or Atv all over the place and wonder why they don't see any deer. Then blame the neighbors target shooting.

And why get angry about farmers with damage tags? The state determines all the is good and holy with the seasons. They approve year round shotgun or "sharpshooters" with suppressed rifles at night lol

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Most deer hunters in this state are a joke. They all must be disabled and have to drive a truck or Atv all over the place and wonder why they don't see any deer. Then blame the neighbors target shooting.

And why get angry about farmers with damage tags? The state determines all the is good and holy with the seasons. They approve year round shotgun or "sharpshooters" with suppressed rifles at night lol

Yeah, I always laugh right around opening day for rifle season and see 100 trucks pulling a trailer with a 4 wheeler and 1000 pounds of corn.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I wasn't aware there was a law prohibiting me from discharging a firearm during certain times of the year. I shoot year-round, day/night.

I don't mind when the deer hear gunshots. It just increases my chances to get more than one when rifle season opens, because they ignore the gunshot noise. lol.

When the neighbors shoot all day long and stop at nightfall, I know that they'd be fine with me doing some nighttime steel shooting. It's just how that works.

I know someone who hunts the farm adjacent to the Frederick Police/Monocacy Pistol Club/Cresap ranges. Says the deer don't even blink when you shoot at them- they are so attenuated to gun shots.

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    This is also my experience

I know someone who hunts the farm adjacent to the Frederick Police/Monocacy Pistol Club/Cresap ranges. Says the deer don't even blink when you shoot at them- they are so attenuated to gun shots.

I've watched deer while hearing shots in the area. The deer don't seem to associate gunfire with danger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom