• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Checked USA Carry and Utah Non-Resident according to them Delaware will honor. Was surprised to see VA non-resident wasn't honored

Just wanted to verify with members of this board. Heading there on Saturday.

Thanks

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have been ccw in Del for the past year and half now. Both open and closed carry. During this past Sept was OC my Glock 27 in Rehoboth beach area along rt 1 while in the local WaWa and a local PD who was in their as well thanked me for doing my duty as an American. He did ask me if I did have a permit and told him I had the Utah non resident permit. He told me that he has met up with a quite a few people who were caring on the Utah non resident permit in Del so yep you are GTG on that.

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    Just moved to DE but I’m a bit confused about the CCW stuff.
    As a resident of DE do I require a DE issued carry permit, or can I still use a Non-Resident Utah permit?

Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the DE process. Having people fill out forms on me, posting stuff in a newspaper, all just so they can arbitrarily say yes or no?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Iirc, Delaware resident must have Delaware ccw in Delaware to cc.

Just moved to DE but I’m a bit confused about the CCW stuff.
    As a resident of DE do I require a DE issued carry permit, or can I still use a Non-Resident Utah permit?

Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the DE process. Having people fill out forms on me, posting stuff in a newspaper, all just so they can arbitrarily say yes or no?

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I'm hearing from someone that non resident Utah permits are no longer recognized in DE.

Anyone know if this is true or not?

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    If not just open carry. On the dash when you drive. Many people i have seen made a "holster" out of a clip board and some Kydex. I will look for the video. As i understand it all of Delaware is good to go for o/c. Diver used to be the exception but no longer. Visit www.deloc.com for more information..

I AMNOT A LAWYER. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

nobody

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I'm hearing from someone that non resident Utah permits are no longer recognized in DE.

Anyone know if this is true or not?

As of February 19, 2019 nothing has changed. Utah is on the list.

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealed-carry-deadly-weapons-ccdw/

This list is made available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State of Delaware and any license or permit recognized below is valid for one year and will not be removed without one (1) year’s notice of impending removal and no sooner than January 15 of the calendar year following the expiration of this one-year period. Notice of impending removal will be provided to the state in question and will be posted to this site. There are currently no notices of pending removal that would take effect January 15, 2019.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/delaware.pdf

My take is the earliest a state could be removed would be January 15, 2021, since we are past 1/15/19, and no 1 year notice was given.

Mako

MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2016
    ES of MD
    From my understanding most people look for lowly circulated papers to post in, such as The Guide, The Dover Post, and so on.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    If not just open carry. On the dash when you drive. Many people i have seen made a "holster" out of a clip board and some Kydex. I will look for the video. As i understand it all of Delaware is good to go for o/c. Dover used to be the exception but no longer. Visit www.deloc.com for more information..

I AMNOT A LAWYER. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

nobody

www.deloc.org

NOBODY

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Easy to get the only "bad" part in your name running in the paper.

Don't you also need like five residents of the county to write up some sort of questionnaire saying you are a fine and wonderful person or something like that?

Seems to me that was designed to prevent newcomers to Delaware from obtaining permits.

DE is definitely on my list of retirement destinations so I'm keeping an eye on any CCW changes

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Don't you also need like five residents of the county to write up some sort of questionnaire saying you are a fine and wonderful person or something like that?

Seems to me that was designed to prevent newcomers to Delaware from obtaining permits.

DE is definitely on my list of retirement destinations so I'm keeping an eye on any CCW changes

What part of DE are you looking to retire to? Taking a hard look at Rehoboth,Lewis, Bridgeville and Millsboro area...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom