• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Which make and model do you purchase? Just curious what everyone's beater knives are.

I typically use a Gerber Torch. It's held up well, but looking to get a replacement or two.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Previously I had several Gerber paraframes after melting and bending several of those I stepped up to Kershaws. Recently I lost a blur and replaced it with a leek.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Kershaw Blur. Technically just over $50, but can be found on sale for under and it's made in the US.

I have two of them. Bought both for under $30 on clearance. Great little beater knife that you don't have to stress over possibly losing.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Big fan of Buck. 110 (or 112 if you have smaller hands) for a traditional folder or their Vantage for a liner lock folder. Most of their stuff is US made but some is made overseas but will be marked as such.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I LOVE the smaller full serrated spydercos. Small, light, they will rip anything open and cut like a larger blade. Serrations protect the edge, and are generally more forgiving of low-end steel, but spydercos awesome serration geometry and good steel in H1, VG10, or S35VN for a couple bucks more hold an edge forever. I do love my $200+ folders, but still usually pair them with a smaller spyderedge folder to rip open tough stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom