• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Really?

So tomorrow, MSP says, oh, we just decided that HBAR is a minimum outside diameter of 2 inches. Anything smaller is not HBAR.

Where are you then?

What they are saying is an INTERPRETATION. It has not been tested in court, and it is not stating something that is in the law.

I Understand your argument about future rulings. Right now it's MD legal and I own it legally. In the range of future outcomes there is an outcome where we can all own pencil barrels again. And that's why "future" and "possibility" debates are pointless.

Last edited:

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I guess you missed the statement on the MSP page that says that the information is NOT legally binding.

Nope, not at all - the fact is that I followed the process and bought one. Had it transferred via a MD FFL. It's a great rifle, you should buy one.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Really?

So tomorrow, MSP says, oh, we just decided that HBAR is a minimum outside diameter of 2 inches. Anything smaller is not HBAR.

Where are you then?

What they are saying is an INTERPRETATION. It has not been tested in court, and it is not stating something that is in the law.

reasonable doubt. It will be nearly impossible to be prosecuted for doing what the MDSP says. Plus, the MDSP "interpretations" are vetted by the AG office (Bowen).

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    reasonable doubt. It will be nearly impossible to be prosecuted for doing what the MDSP says. Plus, the MDSP "interpretations" are vetted by the AG office (Bowen).

100% agree, I highly doubt that an FFL would risk their FFL just to make $15 for a transfer.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019

100% agree, I highly doubt that an FFL would risk their FFL just to make $15 for a transfer.

Weird double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom