Taps act... What do you know about it so far?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpd-Ir3fVKI

This is referencing the Taps act that Dan Crenshaw referenced.
    Like I said before. I like Crenshaw. I did not like what he said about red flag. He then did politic his way to backtalk about that. Then Crenshaw referenced the Taps act. I was unfamiliar with Taps. I looked it up. Just started checking it out this morning.

Let me know your thoughts.

Suleiman

Feb 11, 2011
    Indian Head
    I listened to him on Rogan. He claimed the TAPS act wasn't a red flag law at all, rather it was trying to establish funding for police departments to be able to afford training to recognize someone who could become a problem before they are a problem.
    Sounds a lot like a red flag training program to me, but it doesn't necessarily give the go ahead to red light confiscations without due process..... yet.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    An unreasonable search and seizure is a search and seizure by a law enforcement officer without a search warrant and without probable cause to believe that evidence of a crime is present.

An unreasonable search and seizure is unconstitutional as it violates the Fourth Amendment.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Clearly Dan Crenshaw and others supporting this kind of predictive policing have not seen the movie "Minority Report"

[YT]lG7DGMgfOb8[/YT]

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I'm wondering how much the internet will be scoured to make profiles?
    Mds account..check
    Purchased x amount of ammo in 180 days...check
    Facebook page says "we the people"....check

Yeah, add him to the further information list. We'll start watching his test messages, emails and calls. Also, check the Facebook shadow user list to see who his connections are.

If you dont know. Go to YouTube and watch a video on shadow users. How they get them.

I dont know if gov currently has access to this stuff (shadow users) but I don't see it being far out to think they will in the future.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    H.R. 838, the Threat Assessment, Prevention,and Safety (TAPS) Act
    Whether it’s a shooting, stabbing, weaponized vehicle, or bombing, mass casualty events are occurring too often.These horrific tragedies are impacting our nation indiscriminately. Americans want a solution–I believe we’ve found one

So if someone is accused of having a mental problem I guess they will:

Remove all the knives, scissors and pointy objects.

Confiscate your car.

And take away your fertilizer and heating oil.

Since none of these items are regulated in any way how will they prevent you from acquiring more? Pass a law?
    I wonder just how many vehicles are stolen each day? Perhaps they should pass another law .......... Never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom