• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The thread on the lake below got me thinking. How many lakes in western Maryland have walleyes in them? What's the limit on Walleyes in Maryland?

May 13, 2005
    Reminds me of my many many trips to Northern Minnesota and Ontario to do some fly-in Walleye fishing on a one-cabin, two mile long unmolested lake that only gets 12 visits a year. More 18-22" Walleyes than you can shake a stick at for eating and some much bigger ones that we would put back in, not to mention 3-4' Northern were seen every trip. Really miss some good fresh water lake fishing. Not many food things beat freshly prepared Walleye.

(Plus it's one helluva bug out location if you have the advance notice and can get there before it all goes to hell) :) Closest logging road was 60 miles away.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I would like to take my son walleye fishing but not sure where to go around the frederick/hagerstown area.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    keep thing going, and let me know what you find. I grew up walleye fishing on lake erie and I try to make time every year to go up and land some big'ns

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    Walleyes

I always used to catch walleyes in the section of the river where you put in at Dam #4. from the boat ramp go upstream, in the deeper areas you will find them.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Deep Creek used to have walleye, but it's been many years since I've fished it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom