• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The front night sight on my G34 is coming loose. It originally came from a G19.
    Is anyone close to Dundalk able to check it out and possibly re-crimp it?

Thanks in advance

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    What do you mean, crimp it? Is it factory Glock or other manufacturer? It should screw in using a front sight tool. LocTite needs to be applied to ensure it doesn't come loose.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No. It's a factory Glock night sight. They used to make crimped sights. I don't believe there ever was a nut there.

https://glockparts.com/Content.aspx?PAGE=Night Sights
    THE GLOCK NIGHT SIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY MANUFACTURED BY MEPROLIGHT AND THE TRITIUM DOTS ARE SIMILAR TO THE MEPROLIGHT, BUT THE HOUSING IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT. THE DOWNSIDE TO THE GLOCK NIGHT SIGHTS IS THE FRONT SIGHT. IT MUST BE CRIMPED ON. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NEED THE FRONT CRIMP ON TOOL OR AN ARMORER TO INSTALL THEM. (WE CAN INSTALL THESE ALSO) IT NEEDS THE REAR SIGHT TOOL TO INSTALL THE REAR SIGHT. THEY COME WITH A 10 YR. WARRANTY.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    That is a really old sight. My recommendation is that you get rid of it, replace it with a screw in. Use a cutting punch to get it out. Just be careful that you don't damage the slide. I am a Glock certified armorer, but I'm in N. Harford County.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    That is a really old sight. My recommendation is that you get rid of it, replace it with a screw in. Use a cutting punch to get it out. Just be careful that you don't damage the slide. I am a Glock certified armorer, but I'm in N. Harford County.

What he said!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Appreciate the feedback. I'm thrifty, lol.
    If it really is beyond repair, I'll replace it with a new one.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008

There is thrifty and there is foolish. You already stated that this came off another gun. These were never meant to be reused. By re-staking these sights, you run the risk of damaging your slide. A new front tritium from Glock (screw-in) is $40 retail.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There is thrifty and there is foolish. You already stated that this came off another gun. These were never meant to be reused. By re-staking these sights, you run the risk of damaging your slide. A new front tritium from Glock (screw-in) is $40 retail.

It's being replaced one way or another. Lesson learned :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Send it to me in the mail (just the slide) and I will fix it. If it needs a new sight I can get one but if it can be fixed I'll do it. Flat rate UPS box is $7.

No charge.

I'll even pay the return shipping.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Send it to me in the mail (just the slide) and I will fix it. If it needs a new sight I can get one but if it can be fixed I'll do it. Flat rate UPS box is $7.

No charge.

I'll even pay the return shipping.

Thank you very much sir, but Grason has very kindly offered me a replacement.
    I'm almost positive I can just pull the current post out like a nose hair, lol. If I run into trouble, I'll give you a shout :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thank you very much sir, but Grason has very kindly offered me a replacement.
    I'm almost positive I can just pull the current post out like a nose hair, lol. If I run into trouble, I'll give you a shout :thumbsup:

No problem. If you have an issue, let me know. I'll get you fixed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom