• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I think it depends on barrel length. I have an original MK2 with a factory 10" bull barrel. I had it threaded and the sights moved back. That thing is quiet with two different .22 suppressors, and extremely accurate. Not so much in either category with a TACSOL Paclite upper installed.

Its not the can.

You're using it on a crummy host.

Theres quite a few discussions on different forums about the ruger pistols.
    They're chosen as hosts because of reliability, and not because their merits as a suppressor host.

With suppressor ownership, you quickly realize many guns that are great without a can, are horrible with a can.
    The ruger 22 pistol is the equivalent of the AK47 with suppression. It works great on its own, but it vents too fast, and is way too loud with a can.

Literally, try any other 22 pistol. You'll hear what I mean.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a Gen 1 Sparrow that was upgraded and I run it on a Sig Mosquito and a MK III with a 4.5" factory threaded barrel. It runs pretty quiet on both hosts.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    At 30 degrees, temp could have played a big roll is sound. Also, Rugers and some Browning Buckmark models are quite a bit louder than many other 22's. The P22 is one of the most quiet. My Berreta M71 is crazy quiet with the Sparrow and even more so with my SpectreII.

Last edited:

rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    So you're not gonna believe this... Originally they had it shipping to the wrong address so I had to call and get that changed. Then on Friday it arrived in MD waiting to be out for delivery. Now its saying its being rerouted to some address in LA... Hopefully I can get it changed in time before it gets out there..

Their customer service might be really good, but their shipping department seems questionable at this point...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom