• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I keep hearing lots of buzz about how wonderful the powder is and how it is getting really popular with 6.5CM and 6.5 Grendel hand loaders. Unfortunately, I can't find any data on the powder for those calibers. My Google-Fu is strong and I haven't found squat.
    H4350 and my Creedmoor get along great. My 20" Grendel loves 8208XBR. I'm still in negotiations with my 24" Grendel; is Leverevolution my 24" Grendel's spirit animal?
    Is there some underground secret society who is keeping all the data under wraps?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I had forgotten about our discussion Saturday. I just tried to compare H4350 and Leverevolutuon using QuickLoad. However, Leverevoulation is currently not included in the QL database.

Some quick googling seems to suggest Leverevolution to be a satisfactory substitute for Varget.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Some quick googling seems to suggest Leverevolution to be a satisfactory substitute for Varget.

I dont have my burn rate chart handy, but if that is the case varget wins hands down due to being much more temp stable. Leverrevelution isn't super temp stable.

I had forgotten about our discussion Saturday. I just tried to compare H4350 and Leverevolutuon using QuickLoad. However, Leverevoulation is currently not included in the QL database.

Why is there an (alleged) huge run on the powder by 6.5CM owners? I keep hearing about how great it is, but nobody seems to have any starting data. You just confirmed that includes QuickLoad, which speaks volumes to me.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    I dug pretty deep and didn't find anything.

You sound just like the IRS on Trumps accouts :innocent0

Just fyi. If the powder is not in Quickload, try GRT for a change. The two programs are not completely interchangable but often yield comparable results. Quickload is still curated but updates are slow, GRT is in development.

If you can post the components you want to use, I can run it for you.

You sound just like the IRS on Trumps accouts :innocent0

Just fyi. If the powder is not in Quickload, try GRT for a change. The two programs are not completely interchangable but often yield comparable results. Quickload is still curated but updates are slow, GRT is in development.

If you can post the components you want to use, I can run it for you.

I have a few I would like to know about:
    6.5 Grendel, Hornady brass, CCI SRP, Nosler 123gr BTHP/Hornady 123gr BTHP/Nosler 100gr BTHP
    6.5CM, Hornady brass, CCI LRP, Hornady 140gr ELDM

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a few I would like to know about:
    6.5 Grendel, Hornady brass, CCI SRP, Nosler 123gr BTHP/Hornady 123gr BTHP/Nosler 100gr BTHP

Just a few caveats: "Hornady brass" is very unspecific. For accurate measurements, I would need the case capacity of the fired brass which is dependent on your case and of course cut chamber.
    Primers are more guesstimate than anything else, it depends on "starting pressure".

When putting in your data for the Nosler 123gr CC GRT turns up a "29,7gr" recommendation according to OBT method for a 24" barrel. I have attached the brief report for this particular load as a .pdf file.

Since this is not quickload but gordons reloading tool, you can actually access the programm for free (registration required) and punch in your own designs.
    https://www.grtools.de/doku.php

Attachments

• GRT for 65 Grendel 123NSLCC Leverevolution.pdf
      371.3 KB · Views: 96

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    And just for shits and giggles, the 100gr load as well. Please bear in mind that the program displays "close to max pressure" for the recommended load of 32,98gr Leverevolution.

Attachments

• 65Gendel Nosler100grCC leverevolution.pdf
      371.9 KB · Views: 99
    Just a few caveats: "Hornady brass" is very unspecific. For accurate measurements, I would need the case capacity of the fired brass which is dependent on your case and of course cut chamber.
    Primers are more guesstimate than anything else, it depends on "starting pressure".

When putting in your data for the Nosler 123gr CC GRT turns up a "29,7gr" recommendation according to OBT method for a 24" barrel. I have attached the brief report for this particular load as a .pdf file.

Since this is not quickload but gordons reloading tool, you can actually access the programm for free (registration required) and punch in your own designs.
    https://www.grtools.de/doku.php

I appreciate your time and effort, but I'm going to pass on trying that. I'm weary of using simulated data in a language I don't speak. I want some data from tests that were actually run.
    Once again, I appreciate you taking your time to look this up.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    I I'm weary of using simulated data in a language I don't speak. I want some data from tests that were actually run.

Oops, I tend to have my programs set to my native language :-)
    Don't worry about it being a simulation, though. You have the same issue with so called "proven load data"- anything just works for the test barrel, chamber and components they had at that point where the test was conducted. If you want to use it in your gun, the results will be different and you will need to match muzzle velocity to the suggested data anyways.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Don't worry about it being a simulation, though. You have the same issue with so called "proven load data"- anything just works for the test barrel, chamber and components they had at that point where the test was conducted. If you want to use it in your gun, the results will be different and you will need to match muzzle velocity to the suggested data anyways.

Did I miss the comparison between H4350 and Levercolution. All other factors being the same, what was the difference in MV between the two powders?

My sisters and I are the first generation of native English speakers on my paternal side. My father spoke "High German"/Pennsylvania Dutch growing up.
    Interesting tidbit... Someone who is fluent in German and English can fully understand PA Dutch (PA Deutsch), but they can't speak it properly.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My experience with grtools is that it has provided data that matches up to book loads. I think it's pretty great.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting tidbit... Someone who is fluent in German and English can fully understand PA Dutch (PA Deutsch), but they can't speak it properly.

That is interesting!

the-more-you-know.jpg

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri

I concur. I can understand PA Dutch and Amish German about as well as I understand most dialects in Germany. Unlike the Germans, the PA Dutch and Amish don’t usually understand me when I speak to them in German. This is sorta sad when you think about the Amish because they are taught to read the Bible in German.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC

Lever is in the newest update to quickload as is others.
    My son also tested cfe 223 in his 6.5 cm with excellent results with the Barnes lrx. Never worried much about temp sensitivity as long as I get tight groups. Temp sensitivity is a relative thing. If it matters then try some shooters world precision powder, it tested less ts than varget. Cheaper too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom