• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    "While the majority of nationwide protests related to police brutality and the Black Lives Matter movement have been peaceful, Hartman said his customers are worried about the instances of looting and violence they have seen in the media."

I expect such crap washing from the Sun. Still Good on ya.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Great to see you and your store featured so prominently in the article Dan. Congratulations. I hope it generates more business for you.

Penn

PS: Any new Holosun's red dot sights yet? :)

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Well if everyone listens to that one wacko and gets dogs and an alarm system instead of firearms your business will be screwed

I thought that was funny too. Good article. Surprising to see this from the Baltimore Sun. They usually do the opposite. A long negative article about guns followed up with one opposing sentence that paints the later out to be a whacko. I am happy to see Liz get egg on her face with the dog comment.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I thought that was funny too. Good article. Surprising to see this from the Baltimore Sun. They usually do the opposite. A long negative article about guns followed up with one opposing sentence that paints the later out to be a whacko. I am happy to see Liz get egg on her face with the dog comment.

Just the Sun being the Sun. Seems they forgot to mention the TWO BILLION PLUS DOLLARS in damages, and the injuries and loss of life from the "largely peaceful" protests. Pathetic rag.

Glad our IP got some free advertising. Hopefully, at least some people see past the "expert" drivel.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

She's got egg on her face with us but I'm sure there are just as many others who read it and furiously knob in agreement. Like those who tell a potential rape victim to shit their pants to turn off the attacker. How about shoot them dead instead?

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    recently purchased a pistol-caliber carbine — a short-barreled rifle that shoots pistol ammunition

Damn they're just handing out SBRs? Excellent reporting and fact checking by the baltimore sun.

I was a little surprised that background checks in Maryland are far outpacing the national average. Guess there's hope for this state yet.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Well if everyone listens to that one wacko and gets dogs and an alarm system instead of firearms your business will be screwed
    We sell dogs that go bang.
    Damn they're just handing out SBRs? Excellent reporting and fact checking by the baltimore sun.

I was a little surprised that background checks in Maryland are far outpacing the national average. Guess there's hope for this state yet.

It was our black friday special. SBRs for everyone

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have not actually read the Sun for many, many years. When they turned anti gun years ago and stopped people from selling guns in their classified section. That was enough there for me. I only need the Sun paper when I use it to cover my table to eat steamed crabs on.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    recently purchased a pistol-caliber carbine — a short-barreled rifle that shoots pistol ammunition — from Hartman’s shop

A PCC can be an SBR but doesn't have to be. It looks like the reporter doesn't know the significance of those words strung together.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Liz Banach is a moron. Get a dog or a security system, not a gun???
    She' s afraid people will hurt themselves. Guess what Liz. If you are a first time handgun buyer, you need an HQL.. with training.. unless exempt.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Just the Sun being the Sun. Seems they forgot to mention the TWO BILLION PLUS DOLLARS in damages, and the injuries and loss of life from the "largely peaceful" protests. Pathetic rag.

Glad our IP got some free advertising. Hopefully, at least some people see past the "expert" drivel.

Yes, I often question "experts". How one qualifies for that title is baffling. As far as I am concerned the expert in this article is the gun store owner, not the " buy a dog" Liz.

She's got egg on her face with us but I'm sure there are just as many others who read it and furiously knob in agreement. Like those who tell a potential rape victim to shit their pants to turn off the attacker. How about shoot them dead instead?

I am sure there are plenty of Sun subscribers that have the mentality that you describe. That newspaper had its left turn signal on for the past 2000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom