• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I just ordered a regulated firearm online. The firearm is to be shipped to an FFL (Shooters Discount). I noticed the shipping address has my name and Shooters Discount address in the mailing instructions. The sellers web page set up the addressing this way after I picked Shooters Discount as my FFL. Can anyone verify that this is the acceptable way to address a firearm sent to an FFL? I would call the FFL or the shipper to verify this but they are both closed for the next several days. The item has not shipped yet so I may have time to change this if need be. Thanks

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    That is the way it's done. The gun goes to the FFL, which is why their address is on it. The FFL needs a way to know who the gun belongs to, which is why your name is on it.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Thanks, I was worried that the addressee had to be the actual licensee in order to receive the package. I can't wait to get my hands on my new XDM 5.25 9mm and my extra lower.

Thanks again

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    OP you are good to go.
    You may want to send Shooter's an email or phone call to give them the heads up. A little common courtesy doesn't hurt.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    That's the way we do it, as do many online dealers.

Most receiving dealers prefer to have the name on the outside of the box so they can easily identify a package without opening it. Many FFL's also refuse to open a transfer until the customer is in front of them in case there are issues with damage, missing items, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom