• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Friends-I thought to seek out the brain trust as the MD laws have changed so much. I am selling of a few items as some of my previous adds have shown and want to give you guys first crack at them before they go up on GunBroker.

Do you have a resource or does anyone know through recent experience if the following can be sold to a MD resident from NOVA through the appropriate FFL's:

Circa Early 1980's Olympic Arms AR in .223.
    ArmaLite AR-180-sterling England Model.

All sells would go through an FFL but I am curios if my MD colleagues and even purchase them...

Yes I will double check all info provided but it would be pretty clear to the brain trust that its a "no go" or " can do". :)

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Hi Folks-Thanks for the MD list with that sad list of nice pieces that are banned. Yes the 180 is on there and I appreciate it, the other item is not listed on the website so I will look to see if its stamped HBAR even though it was made in from what I see in 1981.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Hi Folks-Thanks for the MD list with that sad list of nice pieces that are banned. Yes the 180 is on there and I appreciate it, the other item is not listed on the website so I will look to see if its stamped HBAR even though it was made in from what I see in 1981.

People in MA pay stupid money for AR rifles and lowers made pre-1994. That’s probably your best bet for getting top dollar for it.

https://tombstonetrading.com/firearms/massachusetts-pre-ban-ar-15-and-ak-47-rifles/

https://www.thegunparlor.com/products/olympic-arms-787450664982-787450664982-3873

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Sorry Friends I pushed enter to fast: Its an Olympic Arms 5.56 MOD SGW CAR AR MFR 1981 as some folks requested the model information.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Feb 28, 2013
    Friends-I thought to seek out the brain trust as the MD laws have changed so much. I am selling of a few items as some of my previous adds have shown and want to give you guys first crack at them before they go up on GunBroker.

Do you have a resource or does anyone know through recent experience if the following can be sold to a MD resident from NOVA through the appropriate FFL's:

Circa Early 1980's Olympic Arms AR in .223.
    ArmaLite AR-180-sterling England Model.

All sells would go through an FFL but I am curios if my MD colleagues and even purchase them...

Yes I will double check all info provided but it would be pretty clear to the brain trust that its a "no go" or " can do". :)

Yer Olympic’s good if the barrel aint necked down under the handguard

The 180’s banned because of this

**** Maryland :mad54:

Feb 28, 2013
    What has that got to do with anything?

MSP states marked or advertised as HBAR. Period.

You need them to tell you what a heavy barrel is?

By that stupidity you could stamp a damn pencil barrel and call it legal. .750” from the barrel nut out to the gas block is what I’ve always trusted and always will :cool:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MSP "advisory" carries zero force of law and since there is no actual definition of what a HBAR is in COMAR, Sling Blade is correct, given what MSP classified as a "regulated" AR in regards to the barrel profile.

If you don't mind possibly being the test case. :)

And will you and Sling Blade pay the person's legal bills?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If you don't mind possibly being the test case. :)

And will you and Sling Blade pay the person's legal bills?
    You get what you pay for on the internet, but no, I won't pay for somebody else's legal bills. I'll pay for my own. And don't think I don't know what you're trying to do by asking me that. You're trying to make me take responsibility for somebody else's actions, based on the advice/ information on here. I'll be as responsible for their actions, as you are for slavery in the US from 1600-1865. Keep pushing the "are you willing to pay their legal bills" as a way to shut people up. It won't work anymore. I will do passive resistance by basing what I do on historical precedent laid down by MSP, before FSA2013.

I still haven't run into any issues with any LE agency over the barrel diameter. They check the serial number and generally ask how hard it is to build a AR. If they don't ask about building one, they let me go. They don't care about the barrel profile.

But keep pushing the bogeyman of BGOS and laws that don't exist. You're doing a bang up job.

IWNC.

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    THX Folks-Olympia Arms went to Gunbroker and lasted about 20 minutes in a PreBan State for a premium so thank you to the forum for that advice. The AR-180 is on Gunbroker so my apologies for not listing it here but I felt it just best to not run any chance of misinterpretation on my part.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My original post on this was to give the MSP side of the issue.

You both gave your opinions as if they had any weight behind them. Which, while they make sense, do not have any official basis.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    My original post on this was to give the MSP side of the issue.

You both gave your opinions as if they had any weight behind them. Which, while they make sense, do not have any official basis.

A MSP advisory carries zero official basis or legal standing. I don't know how many times others and myself must repeat that for you to understand.

We did not give you a opinion, we gave you fact.

Basing what I do on what MSP has historically considered a regulated barrel profile is in fact official and legal basis to do what we have said. We know what they considered a regulated barrel profile and are not using those barrel profiles on builds.

But then again I don't care about what MSP says is or isn't legal. I put a non HBAR upper on a post 2013 lower and didn't care. Why? Because I am a American, MD gun laws are unconstitutional, IWNC, and MD laws don't apply to me. I leave it to you to figure out why I am at the point I am at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom