• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I am very interested in acquiring a 1861 Springfield rifle replica. I have seen kits online and some are very nice as well as complete rifles. I am curious if anyone here may have have one that they are interested in possibly selling or looking for a trade or a combination of trade/sale.
    I want one that I can confidently shoot and possibly compete with. Please message me with what you have and would like to consider for a trade.
    Thanks!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I can say this, Plan on finding someone local to cast/make/sell you the right sized minie balls.
    I have the Pin gauges to gauge the rifle and sizing dies to make the appropriate size to get you started.
    You may need to travel down to my area to do the sizing if you don't buy from someone who already knows what size to use.
    I have purchased from Track of the Wolf but they don't guarantee they won't come to you all warped. First box I got from them was fine, then got 2 more boxes and half were warped and unusable. Thats soft lead you need so it warps easy.
    I have 3. 2 are 1963 Original Springfields and a replica Enfield
    I'll be looking for another Original (Enfield) the next time we have a MACA show.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I can say this, Plan on finding someone local to cast/make/sell you the right sized minie balls.
    I have the Pin gauges to gauge the rifle and sizing dies to make the appropriate size to get you started.
    You may need to travel down to my area to do the sizing if you don't buy from someone who already knows what size to use.
    I have purchased from Track of the Wolf but they don't guarantee they won't come to you all warped. First box I got from them was fine, then got 2 more boxes and half were warped and unusable. Thats soft lead you need so it warps easy.
    I have 3. 2 are 1963 Original Springfields and a replica Enfield
    I'll be looking for another Original (Enfield) the next time we have a MACA show.

I appreciate the offer and may ask your for help once and if I find one. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom