• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Didn't someone here just post they snagged one

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=202738&page=5&highlight=MP40

The post number is 80 something. It's in the WC and you don't have access there yet so the post is copied and pasted

I just got something that is a little less than mainstream. It is a 9mm GSG MP40-P imported from Germany by American Tactical Imports. It's a visual copy of the the WWII German MP40. By that I mean that it only looks like the original. The magazines will not even interchange. The GSG MP40 has cast parts where I would think a WWII version parts would be machined. The internals operate differently also due it being a semi-only, closed bolt operating system. Other than that, It seems to be a really nice copy.

The MSRP is just north of $600. I got a lucky deal on mine for just south of $500.

This thing also came in a nicely made wooden crate with Reichsadler and MP40 markings that look to be actually branded on the lid.

This is considered a pistol with a barrel just over 10 inches and does not come with an under folding stock.

These guys have had .22 versions for a couple of years now. The 9mm version are just now becoming available.

aps410

Dec 10, 2015
    Howard County
    It's on the agenda for June's handgun roster review board meeting. They received an example on June 1st. I was under the impression we had to wait until the boards ruling before buying it but that may not be the case.

Attachments

• Agenda June 2017.pdf
      64.9 KB · Views: 202

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    It's on the agenda for June's handgun roster review board meeting. They received an example on June 1st. I was under the impression we had to wait until the boards ruling before buying it but that may not be the case.

Thanks so much

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    What kind of MD approved bore lock would work with this, the Omegas look to be too short even with the extension handle? It is listed as having an 10" barrel.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Still not approved for MD ATI MP40p did not make it this time either, not listed on the 9/15 MD Register notes. Maybe in another 3 months if they resubmit it a third time and it finally makes it through?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Based on the notes from 6-22, the MP40 is having chambering issues. Maybe they have not been fixed.

I googled it to see if the chambering problem was a thing with this gun and:

Based on the TTAG review, reliability may be seriously problematic.

The Fiocchi 115 gr was not the answer to the failure fest, but the MP40 fired a whole mag of inexpensive CapArms 115 gr without issue. Yay! But . . . the second magazine delivered the same farrago of failures, including a failure to extract that resulted in a spent casing being lodged above the fire control group. After 500 rounds of six types of ammo, only one magazine fired all 25 rounds. Once.

My two favorite comments under the review:

Well there’s another steaming dumpster fire masquerading as fine Teutonic engineering. The sad part is that the MP40 wasn’t all that great (by modern standards) even in 1940. Then again, an open bolt blowback gun is kind of hard to mess up. Yet again, GSG managed to create a market for cool looking paperweights.

Thank you. I now feel much better at not being able to purchase one of these in the People’s Republik of Maryland.

TTAG sent their sample back to ATI, there is no follow up article. Might be a while till they diagnose and fix the problems.

Might one time the Roster board is doing people a favor. So, there is that.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Well, after failing on 6/22 for being unable to chamber a round, and failing again on 8/30 for being unable to extract a round, it looks like the GSG MP40P https://www.americantactical.us/5721/detail.html has finally passed the MD Roster Board, it is now listed on the MD Register from 11/27 http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/4424.pdf p1168
    So it looks like in 30-60 days, or however long it takes, these should finally be available for sale in MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom