• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idaho

Dec 10, 2015
    Towson, MD
    Went on Friday on way to bike ride. Was quite crowded at first but thinned out so I got a spot within a few minutes. Was shooting my Uberti 1885 High Wall. I had never shot beyond 200 yards and was hoping to get to at least 300 yards. Thanks to some great shooters there who did a fine job of spotting, we began regularly hitting 17 inch target at 300 yards as well as the dinger. My spotters also shot and did better at hitting than I did. I then tried the 500 yard dinger and with help of experienced long range shooter and the range officer, we hit that dinger after I realized I had figured the bullet drop on 45-70 incorrectly. Yes, I did write down all the settings on the vernier sight scale so hopefully can repeat next time. What a day. Great bunch of people. Highly recommend this range.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Glad you enjoyed the range. We always have a good time there!

Went on Friday on way to bike ride. Was quite crowded at first but thinned out so I got a spot within a few minutes. Was shooting my Uberti 1885 High Wall. I had never shot beyond 200 yards and was hoping to get to at least 300 yards. Thanks to some great shooters there who did a fine job of spotting, we began regularly hitting 17 inch target at 300 yards as well as the dinger. My spotters also shot and did better at hitting than I did. I then tried the 500 yard dinger and with help of experienced long range shooter and the range officer, we hit that dinger after I realized I had figured the bullet drop on 45-70 incorrectly. Yes, I did write down all the settings on the vernier sight scale so hopefully can repeat next time. What a day. Great bunch of people. Highly recommend this range.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm looking for a good place to get together with a bunch of friends who live near Annapolis.

We all want to try out each others guns and it seems like a good place for a diverse group.

Got a few questions for anyone who have visited there.

How many rifle stations to they have at 500 yds

Do they have both skeet, trap and rabbit clay shooting areas?

Do you have to bring your own target stand like AGC?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I'm looking for a good place to get together with a bunch of friends who live near Annapolis.

We all want to try out each others guns and it seems like a good place for a diverse group.

Got a few questions for anyone who have visited there.

How many rifle stations to they have at 500 yds 1 that I can remember.

Do they have both skeet, trap and rabbit clay shooting areas?Nope. Just sporting clays.

Do you have to bring your own target stand like AGC?No, they have target stands already at the various distances. But you're also permitted to shoot various things (2 liter bottles, balloons, TVs, etc.) as long as you clean up after yourself.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    They don't allow .50BMG, even their website still says "all types of firearms".

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I was at DSC two weeks ago and they have more 500yd stations. Two inside and three more outside. They also installed a 12" gong at 500 in addition to paper targets and the big 2x2' metal squares. The also have steel at the 200yd and 300yd berms. They have two pistol stations with plates and IDPA type metal silhouettes. Lots of fun shooting steel.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, shooting steel is a ton of fun.

I know a guy (seriously not me) who accidentally shot off one of the 200yd steel targets. As it turns out if you land a .308 right on top of the bolt head holding the steel to the stand, it'll sheer it right off.

Opps

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Yeah, shooting steel is a ton of fun.

I know a guy (seriously not me) who accidentally shot off one of the 200yd steel targets. As it turns out if you land a .308 right on top of the bolt head holding the steel to the stand, it'll sheer it right off.

Opps

Yeah the RSO there told me he has to replace them pretty frequently. I just made up some target stands using AR500 plates with grade 80 hardware. Hopefully they will hold up. Instead of chains which get shot off all the time I went with a tow strap rated for 20,000lb. I'm thinking the bullets will pass through the strap instead of ripping through the chains. I tried a tripod set up I saw online and I put a 115 gr 9mm through one of the legs and the whole thing toppled over. I was surprised the 9mm went through the rebar. Now I have a short piece and a long one...

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    So it sounds like they have their own steel for people to use? Might make it worth the trip across the bridge, especially if I'm not lugging my plates and hanging hardware...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So it sounds like they have their own steel for people to use? Might make it worth the trip across the bridge, especially if I'm not lugging my plates and hanging hardware...

Yeah, I don't know about the 500yd (see above though), but when I was there in January they had two, I think they were 12x12 plates at 200 and also at 300.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah the RSO there told me he has to replace them pretty frequently. I just made up some target stands using AR500 plates with grade 80 hardware. Hopefully they will hold up. Instead of chains which get shot off all the time I went with a tow strap rated for 20,000lb. I'm thinking the bullets will pass through the strap instead of ripping through the chains. I tried a tripod set up I saw online and I put a 115 gr 9mm through one of the legs and the whole thing toppled over. I was surprised the 9mm went through the rebar. Now I have a short piece and a long one...

Old fire hose works great for this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom