• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have two Rocks (RIA) they are very good basic models, GI sights. These would be a good starting 1911. If you want to trade your Sig, then look for a Colt, or a Sig 1911.

Another vote for the RIA Guns. I have 2. Never had any issues. My brother just bought a new RIA GI model and it is even nicer than the ones I have. They are very smooth now compared to mine that are a few years older.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    If I could find one of these it would be my choice. Love the colors.

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
      IMG_3350.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 256

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I'll second, 3rd, 4th....what others mentioned. Springer RO is the best band for the buck. It is actually a $1500 Trophy Match without the expense increasing niceties. I had a Trophy Match...I should have kept it.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Lots of choices out there for a 1911, the S&W E series is a very nice gun, so is the RI if budget is a consideration.

I have a series 70 colt gold cup national match that is a very good shooter, I also have a SAO Sig 220, also a great gun. My favorite is the Ed Brown though. All at a little different price points as are the above 1911's, the E series may be my next 1911. Go try a few and feel the triggers and grips, see what fits you best and has the best trigger pull for what you want to spend.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My first question would be "What is your price range?" That will give you a better idea of where to go. If it 5-800 dollars, a RIA might be it. If you can spend 1000- 1500 maybe a Dan Wesson might be more to your liking. There are a plethora of 1911 companies out there that build fine products within their certain price ranges. How much you want to spend will determine where to go. JMO.

Ditto on the Dan Wesson. I have a Dan Wesson Guardian Bobtail Commander in 9mm and when I leave the house with a holster on, the DW is in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom