• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Looking around for a few of these options just because, I see Springfield makes a "Commander slide on Officer frame" model too, the Compact. A couple of those are up on Gunbroker now, any experience/opinions on that idea?

One is a NIB Range Officer Compact, the other an older non-RO. Would need to research either one extensively, of course, but it's fun to read up on things...

v/r,

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Looking around for a few of these options just because, I see Springfield makes a "Commander slide on Officer frame" model too, the Compact. A couple of those are up on Gunbroker now, any experience/opinions on that idea?

One is a NIB Range Officer Compact, the other an older non-RO. Would need to research either one extensively, of course, but it's fun to read up on things...

v/r,

Dan at BBP usually can get Springfield, if not have one is stock.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Dan at BBP usually can get Springfield, if not have one is stock.

BBP - Finksburg, right? That's not exactly a spur-of-the-moment trip for me, but if one or two of the firearms I'm looking for show up there, well...

There's always the traditional MDS Roadtrip option!

v/r

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Okay, there are several Sig C3s listed on Gunbroker now in the completed auctions, quite a few new and some used. The used models seem to sell for $600-$700 generally, all look like they were bought within the last 30 days. Looks like enough data to make a bid from, but what do MDS think? There also a few for sale, looks like there's usually a small number available.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Okay, there are several Sig C3s listed on Gunbroker now in the completed auctions, quite a few new and some used. The used models seem to sell for $600-$700 generally, all look like they were bought within the last 30 days. Looks like enough data to make a bid from, but what do MDS think? There also a few for sale, looks like there's usually a small number available.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Price is good, but having it in hand before dropping cash is nice. They are good looking pistols.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Mele Kalikimaka!

I own a Sig 1911 C3. Bought new cost around $1100. Love it! Never have had a problem. Quality handgun! If you can get one for $600 sounds good.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Got the Sig C3

So, to finish this little saga, I did end up buying that C3 on Gunbroker. Finally got it out to the range today, and like it a lot - I ran 100 rounds through it, 50 at 7 yards and 50 at 15 (pic below is the target with all 50 rounds at 15 yards).

The alloy frame was plenty of mass to soak up the recoil, this is a very pleasant gun to shoot, and it's definitely more accurate than I am. A very good start for a new-to-me pistol!

Sig C3 target.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I think Sig 1911s are very underrated. I gifted my TTT to my youngest son a few years ago and wouldn't mind picking-up another at some point.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Well, it's previously owned, but no wear I could see when I stripped it down for a pre-shoot cleaning. So yah, 600 bucks plus shipping and transfer, I think I have a winner here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom