• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016

You know, one of those, along with Mikulski and Cardin, that could serve as a poster child for why Congressional term limits would b a good thing.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm concerned about RINO's either playing nice, or playing up to hometown politics back home in heavily antigun states.

This is one case where the Rhinos will be all on board. There are no GOP senators in true anti gun states, and the House will be a slam dunk.

It'll be the Dems asking the same questions about the Dinos.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This is one case where the Rhinos will be all on board. There are no GOP senators in true anti gun states, and the House will be a slam dunk.

It'll be the Dems asking the same questions about the Dinos.

Democrats have been reducing the Blue dogs over the years as sacrificial lambs. Hopefully, some new ones are seeing the light.

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    Can't help but wonder what the final version this bill will look like.

I could see one item placed on it.... a term limit (renewal time), much like the Bill Clinton anti-gun act.

Couple of comments:

I could see additions that would make it expensive to obtain a license for national carry. Easy but expensive.

I could see many more "restricted" places in cities go up or added to the bill.

Once Trump announces his SC pick, I'm not so sure you will see dems suing to stop this. Matter of fact, you might see less court time as Dems pick their battles.

I think Dems will go along for "x" number of years. They have to pick their battles. Do they really want to waste political fight on this issue?

I'm not a political major or armchair political expert... just a guy with an opinion based on age. :D

-- Funny thing about all of this is I bet a lot of guys are like me... we travel to and from our home state to our family/friends houses in other states and simply want "easy" travel. I have a FL permit... does anyone on here know all the laws from MD to GA? People want to be "legal". They want to ensure they are responsible and respect the laws of each state.

Of course we also want our 2A rights to carry in our home state if going to get a loaf of bread. One of my issues is that I often work on computers and starting to become known as the "computer guy". Nice title... I feel vulnerable when going from the car to house with my packages (am I a punk? No... anyone can get the jump on you, I want to be able to defend myself in any situation).

Sorry for the mini rant... so glad Trump won.

I'm looking for some specials on NRA memberships.... did not seem like they ran any.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Based on the wording of the bill, it derives it's authority from the Commerce Clause of the COTUS, not the 14A. Article 1 Section 8 Clause 3 wording is almost identical

Other Federal statutes have relied on this and appear to be appeal proof. Ie. GFSZA.

Attachments

• commerce.JPG
      commerce.JPG
      76.2 KB · Views: 239
    • commerce clause.jpg
      commerce clause.jpg
      7.2 KB · Views: 254

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Obeying state and local laws won't change just because your permit is recognized.

When I travel, I print out the www.handgunlaw.us pdf for each state I will travel through. What I focus on is the unusual aspects of a particular state, ie. NC requires you to disclose to LE that you are carrying as soon as you make contact and that no guns signs have the force of law.

The bill does not propose a national permit. That presents constitutional infringements on states via the 10A.

Only reciprocity.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    No he knows it's not. It's a Senate rule, not in the Constitution, but I bet he's having second thoughts about using it the first time. He really shot himself in the foot. He can limp back to Searchlight and lick his wounds as the Senate approves President Trump's cabinet picks and judges by a 51 vote majority instead of 60.

Thanks Harry.

Revenge is sweet.

The chances of Reid going back to Searchlight are about as good as MDeng becoming a spokesmodel for Giorgio Armani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    OK, if he stays in a DC at his expensive condo at the Ritz at 23rd & M St. I'll go stand under his window while CCW after National Reciprocity becomes law.

That''ll be even better.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    In my mind a bill like this will have all sorts of unrelated amendments and pork attached.

Really would like someone to ask Hogan about it at his next press conference.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What I could easily see is Minimum Standards for a Permit to be recognized under the statute.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not disagreeing, but then what's next? that might be the proverbial can o' worms or the camel's nose, whichever you prefer. Are you starting to get close to the edge of the 10A?

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    What I could easily see is Minimum Standards for a Permit to be recognized under the statute.

Not disagreeing, but then what's next? that might be the proverbial can o' worms or the camel's nose, whichever you prefer. Are you starting to get close to the edge of the 10A?

That could be an interesting twist. Might have constitutional carry states suing on 10A grounds as they won't want to be told what minimum standards are by the feds.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out, regardless of the final language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom