Time to think outside of the box...and take the gloves off...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    We can't get gun owners who live within walking distance of Annapolis to show up in Annapolis.

The Left knows this. The Left sees this. And, because of this, the Left will continue to stick it in and snap it off.

***KUDOS*** to the VERY FEW who do take the time to turn out to support the cause.

The world hates an IGM...

And this is why it's time to go outside the box, time to take the fight outside of Annapolis and be able to get more of those that can do something local, into the fight on a local basis.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I have no idea how you think districting works, or should work, but it sure as hell isn't supposed to be by slicing things up into "D" districts and "R" districts. That's the definition of gerrymandering.

You first posit that DINOs don't exist in large enough numbers to matter, and then think you're going to influence elections because people who hate guns won't be able to buy them?

Yeah, don't expect a thank you for suggesting that people boycott me for trying to preserve their 2A rights in the most effective way available to me.

Gerrymander well that's the Maryland way! In Carrol County we have one Rep on the other side of the bay bridge and one in Montgomery co. Thanks MOM!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Gerrymander well that's the Maryland way! In Carrol County we have one Rep on the other side of the bay bridge and one in Montgomery co. Thanks MOM!

I literally had no idea it was that bad.

Should be completely against the law.

Just my opinion, but representatives should live in the districts they represent.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    This is the 8th district. :sad20:

I have to fight against Total Wine Trone.

trone.JPG

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    For once I agree with Muleskinner.
    Me too. Most of the ideas are good, IMO.

Instead of #4 which may be illegal HQL class should be full of pro 2a propaganda and explain clearly how the democrat party works against the people.
    Absolutely! Is there a standard class syllabus or lesson plan for the HQL training? That would be a very good start - use it as a basis.

#6 is great, all shops should charge a 2A rights tax for every purchase. It can be small and will add up just like midway round-up.
    Only the MGA can create a tax. However, a surcharge is an entirely different matter...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I believe frosh will be running against Hogan for a position other than AG.

The gloves should have been off years ago.

The #1 thing we need is SEATS in the MGA.

I spoke to a Delegate yesterday who said that is the first and foremost thing we need. We need people in their Districts to run against the incumbent Democrat.

2018 has to be a takeover year at the polls, and we need to start NOW to make that happen.

Among many other things I can't think of right at the moment, the Patriot Picket Line folks will need to be multiplied and mobile, so we can hit hard in vulnerable Districts.

We are not many seats away in either the House or the Senate. I think this is "doable" and is quite frankly our only hope.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

They actually need to become small groups that cover one or two specific districts with signs already made up and ready to go at a moments notice. And where ever the politician is, the signs should follow.

In addition, we need to start working on 2018 today, not wait until 2018.

Again, RIGHT ON TARGET! On both points!

Initial logistics may be a bit hard at first, but we have (by my reconing) about a year to get up and running, and then proof test the result for the next election cycle. That can be done if we can find enough committed people.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Again, RIGHT ON TARGET! On both points!

Initial logistics may be a bit hard at first, but we have (by my reconing) about a year to get up and running, and then proof test the result for the next election cycle. That can be done if we can find enough committed people.

Several of the ideas can be implemented now, including signs on property in high traffic areas. As for mobile signs, why wait until next year, we have all summer to work the kinks out in various districts.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Gun ownership is already a partisan issue...relatively few democrats in this state support gun ownership....they may tell you they do, but if they vote for democrats then their actions make them liars....whereas most Republicans support your 2A rights and vote for 2A friendly candidates..we need more Republicans in the GA no dems, even if the dem claims to be 2A friendly..

Punishing Demoncrats is not the answer. You want to educate them and influence them to reevaluate their views and positions and convince them that our position, the pro 2A community, is what they should be promoting.

How would an FFL feel if he denied a purchase of a firearm to a Demoncrat and then that Demoncrat ends up dead at the hands of a criminal because the Demoncrat didn't have the tool necessary to defend himself.

The British set out from Boston through Lexington and on to Concord to seize the arms at the armory in Concord. This is the starting point for the pro 2A community.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Stress to ALL 2A supporters, no matter what party, all races and social groups and EVERY single voter to get off of their pulpits and get out and VOTE for candidates who represent the values of the 2nd Amendment. Get 100% of all Republicans to get out and VOTE !!!! All of the incentives above are useless unless we show our unity by VOTING.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is a terrible idea. Some of us live in one-party districts, and the only chance we have to positively influence outcomes is at the primary level. Punishing those of us who are playing a smart game by registering as Democrats is counter-productive and alienating.

Gun ownership in MD shouldn't be a partisan issue, and it's only playing into the hands of our opponents when people make it so.

We do through this same issue with him every time he comes around. I'm tired of seeing this dead horse beat.

It's a shame because the other ideas are actually good.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I literally had no idea it was that bad.

Should be completely against the law.

Just my opinion, but representatives should live in the districts they represent.

Take a look at Mr. Sarbanes's Third Congressional District - or as we like to call it, "The Democrat Job Security Zone".

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    This is a terrible idea. Some of us live in one-party districts, and the only chance we have to positively influence outcomes is at the primary level. Punishing those of us who are playing a smart game by registering as Democrats is counter-productive and alienating.

Gun ownership in MD shouldn't be a partisan issue, and it's only playing into the hands of our opponents when people make it so.

I have trained many folks prior to the FSA of 2013 who have become supporters of our cause. I believe it would be in our best interest to win over as many 'considervative' Democrats/Independents/etc.

As Erwos states, this a 2A issue not a political party issue.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    #6 is great, all shops should charge a 2A rights tax for every purchase. It can be small and will add up just like midway round-up.

So, to fight an unconstitutional licensing fee which forces us to spend more money on the exercising of our rights, you propose putting a surcharge on exercising our rights. :)

Not that raising money for our cause is bad. Far from it.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have trained many folks prior to the FSA of 2013 who have become supporters of our cause. I believe it would be in our best interest to win over as many 'considervative' Democrats/Independents/etc.

Yet all the while, 2 of our own will vote to deny another one of our own, their civil right to carry a handgun.

The hypocrisy in your post is appalling. This is about educating the public, and not screwing over our own. West and White carry great power on the HGRB, yet they have shafted the community. When the community has to fight against 2 of our own to exercise a right, we all know that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

You might want to have a chat with both of them about how they are doing more damage to the community, instead of helping the community.

While teaching people is admirable, without the consistency in the HGRB rulings, your efforts are wasted and just giving people false hope.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Several of the ideas can be implemented now, including signs on property in high traffic areas. As for mobile signs, why wait until next year, we have all summer to work the kinks out in various districts.

OK boys 'n girls, lets line up dates. locations, and resources, and get rollin'. I'm up for a field trip or two during the Summer.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013

This. The statement that most "Democrats" do not support the right to keep and bear firearms is completely false and conducive to the problems we face, not the solutions. It is the mentality of "being correct by association with a label" that KEEPS us in a box with so many problems, including and beyond 2A issues. I do not care what someone's label is. What matters is whether an individual is willing to engage in thoughtful and open-minded debate and *listen* to the other side, which is a problem MANY individuals have, both democrats AND republicans, both on the constituent side and particularly among state and federal Congress members. I myself have had discussions with MANY "democrats", some of whom support gun ownership, others who don't, and many of the latter conversations have resulted in them actually changing their anti-ownership status.

I've had conversations like this with people of different parties and affiliations regarding many different topics - we all have the opportunity to learn and *possibly* bring more people onto our side of a topic, and at the worst? Strengthen our *own* conviction and at least be able to say that we tried. By alienating others based on their party affiliation, we do our cause a great disservice.

-A Registered Democrat Who Supports Gun Ownership

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    Muleskinner, thanks for a lot of great ideas.

We could encourage HQl/CCW trainers, gun clubs, gun ranges, FFLs, Hunter Safety instructors, etc to ask their customers/clients/members to show a current membership card to a local or national pro 2A group plus a current voter registration card (regardless of the party).

A part of our issue is that too many pro 2A people do not actively give any annual financial support to any local or national 2 A right group and too many are still not registered to vote.

"5) Protest outside the homes of the more nefarious anti gun libs several times during session...weekends would be perfect and the turnout might be better. And protest in front of their places of employment during the week several times a year.."

I am in for a few of these days. This gets media attention without paying for advertising dollars. It is an Alinsky tactic that works and does not require you to lie, cheat or steal. The signs in Annapolis outside of Lawyers Mall have really caught their attention this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom