• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f1racecar

MDS Supporter
    Feb 11, 2011
    Havre de Grace
    All,

My daughter will be moving to Boonsboro, MD in the near future so will be in the area a lot for the near future. Just wondering what the best gun stores and ranges are in the nearby vicinity.

Thanks

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    5 miles from me. I go to Hafers. Small store with good friendly staff. Most of the bigger stores don't have what I want and have to end up ordering it anyway. I did visit Hendershots, good friendly staff, decent selection, I'd go back. There are a couple of stores in Frederick but I don't look forward to going there. Staff at Frederick store act like secret agents and communication sucks, also not very informative. They were unaware that mossberg 930 had a pistol grip model, think they were trying to sell me the one they had by informing me it was my only choice. Dicks Sporting Goods in Hagerstown has a small selction and has decent prices, friendly staff. All this info coming from a new gun owner, my interest has been in just the past 2 years.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    Ranges: I did go to frederick to shoot but the facility changed their hours to just Sunday. Started looking around again recently and checked out IWLA in Hagerstown(about 25 minute drive). Went there last Saturday and there was nobody there. Nobody on the range, nobody in clubhouse(doors locked) to ask questions. Went to NARGC and was greeted by friendly staff and given a tour. Pricey but open just about every day and my son can get a Jr membership for no charge. Signed up that day.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Ranges: recently and checked out IWLA in Hagerstown(about 25 minute drive). Went there last Saturday and there was nobody there. Nobody on the range, nobody in clubhouse(doors locked) .

We like it that way! It's a good thing. If you go to their website, it has contact information.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    Ranges: I did go to frederick to shoot but the facility changed their hours to just Sunday. Started looking around again recently and checked out IWLA in Hagerstown(about 25 minute drive). Went there last Saturday and there was nobody there. Nobody on the range, nobody in clubhouse(doors locked) to ask questions. Went to NARGC and was greeted by friendly staff and given a tour. Pricey but open just about every day and my son can get a Jr membership for no charge. Signed up that day.

I was there Saturday, and Thursday, Friday, skipped Sunday and back out Monday. You must have just missed me:D

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Well I work at Hafer's and I am moving from Sharpsburg to Boonsboro which happens to be also where I grew up.

I have to say is your daughter single I am 27 and could be looking.:D

Chiaroscuro

Far from the Usual
    Jun 27, 2012
    Glen Arm
    Anybody been here?
    IMAG0480.jpg

We saw it while out in Boonsboro last weekend, but it was Sunday and they were closed!

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    I am told they have like three guns and when I get back from FL I will be moving to about 2 doors down. lol

I've lived in Boonsboro or close to my whole life. Merle that owns Crawfords has a few guns and stocks some ammo but doesn't really have a selection. Good people though and the Mrs cooks up some mean food. Definitely worth stopping in to get the gossip. We shoot up on the mountain close to blackrock on private property.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    The Frederick stores are hit or miss. Gun center on rosemount avenue can give u all of the info that you need but their prices are ridiculously high. Gun runners in Frederick is okay for info and will put anything it to your gun for a decent price. They have a small selection but can order anything for you. Their downfall is their hours and having to walk a block or two because of parking in the city.

As for the range, cresap is a good facility. As someone else stated they are only open on Sunday's. What the public doesn't know is that we are just low on members who can work the range to provide a safe environment for the shooters and everyone there. There is no fee to join the club other than working 8 public range days a year and joining a comittee such as brass sorting, lawn mowing, or target building, etc. once we can get our numbers back up where they were we can open Saturday and Sunday. But as a member you get free brass for reloading, access to the range pretty much whenever you want besides when the govt agencies are using the range.

Stop by one day and get to know some of the RSO. Just make sure you follow te rules or they will likely rip you a new one

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    340defense is just south of Charlestown WV and allows all types of weapons to be used (including FA), You can fore from the prone, sitting, standing positions as well as drawing from a holster....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom