• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Prayers up to residents of Bay City and Ellendale Communities on Kent Island. Reported 86.1 mph winds, lots of structural damage. About 0130 this am.

Hope any of our members in the area are ok.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The first image is a photo of damage from last night. The second photo is of a water spout from last week on Kent Island. Busy storm season over there.
    1e2389e549fd05ddd6b03c6a56005ce8.jpg
    b1d706a1068deef25cdb97c01d703ac9.jpg

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Looking out here now, looks like there was a lot of wind and more rain than I thought. Leaves all over the yard and a branch or two down. Rain woke me at 2AM...never fun.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Storm came through here at 1:30 - lots of lighting and rain but virtually no wind.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Storm came through here at 1:30 - lots of lighting and rain but virtually no wind.

Yup. Lightning was pretty severe and constant from about 1-1:30, but the trees were completely still. I used to like lightning storms way more before kids. The ground next to my boy's bed is not very comfortable.

Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2012
    Sunny Southwest Florida
    We are ok here. Some homes damaged in Bay City and Ellendale subdivisions. Farmer John's fruit and vegetable stand destroyed. Looks like most sever damage was on both sides of Rt 8 south of 50. Power out til at least 9am for 2400 customers. No one allowed into area except residents.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I grew up in Bay City and I'm worried about friends who are still there. I have no idea if the house I grew up in sustained damage. That said, for a flat island with very few basements, this could have been MUCH worse.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    For those of you not familiar with the area.....

Bay City is the homes you can see off to the right as you approach the Eastern Shore eastbound on the Bay Bridge. Ellendale is just east of Rt. 8 (Bay City is just west) and south of Rt.50.

The path of the possible tornado would be west to east, parallel to Rt.50, just to the south of Rt.50.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Dayum. My wife showed me the radar last night and I was like :whoa:
    We passed through that area about midnite on the way back from the beach...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    From the photos, I'm not seeing the "chewed" trees/blender effect you see in tornadoes.

Yes, a lot if downed trees and damaged roofs, more in keeping with a micro-burst.

Still bad damage for a lot of folks, and no power at the end of July is miserable. I wish them the best in this difficult situation.

I have a small generator stored on Kent Island if anyone needs a little help. My big generator is at my brother's house in MoCo, where they lose power because the treehuggers won't trim the trees . That is available if needed, too.

Anyone else with generators post 'em up just in case we can help. I just messaged Overboost44 for a welfare check-in.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    From the photos, I'm not seeing the "chewed" trees/blender effect you see in tornadoes.

Yes, a lot if downed trees and damaged roofs, more in keeping with a micro-burst.
    They showed pictures of a couple of trees that were definitely twisted on FOX. Weather guy even pointed it out. But, reported 86 mph winds will do damage twister or not.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    They showed pictures of a couple of trees that were definitely twisted on FOX. Weather guy even pointed it out. But, reported 86 mph winds will do damage twister or not.

Yeah, with the pics in the Capital Gazette I'm seeing the chewed top of a healthy tree. Looks like they had an F-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom