• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I just realized after I hit submit that I screwed up my Form 1. I left off the leading three letters of my Spikes Lower. I sent an email right away with the control number. Is this something that can be "relatively easy" to fix, or is this going to be a pain in the ass to fix?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just realized after I hit submit that I screwed up my Form 1. I left off the leading three letters of my Spikes Lower. I sent an email right away with the control number. Is this something that can be "relatively easy" to fix, or is this going to be a pain in the ass to fix?

Cancel it and resubmit. You'll get a refund in a couple months. Don't waste time trying to get ahold of someone at atf. Go to "Ask the experts" (I think that's what it's called) at the top of the page for directions.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cancel it and resubmit. You'll get a refund in a couple months. Don't waste time trying to get ahold of someone at atf. Go to "Ask the experts" (I think that's what it's called) at the top of the page for directions.

Exactly.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Mine always come back as a c/c credit. Yes, I have screwed up more than one Form one.:o

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Well I resubmitted and hopefully sent the right info to the right email to withdrawn my first screw up. I was in the last minute rush to get in my Form 1s before July. I really wanted to get a shotgun and form 1 that as an SBS, but that is really the only thingI am missing out on.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well I resubmitted and hopefully sent the right info to the right email to withdrawn my first screw up. I was in the last minute rush to get in my Form 1s before July. I really wanted to get a shotgun and form 1 that as an SBS, but that is really the only thingI am missing out on.

You have until July 12, 2016 to submit your Form 1 without it being subject to Rule 41f/p as long as it goes "Submitted" by July 12, 2016. If it goes "pending research", then you are screwed. So, plenty of time to squeeze more in. I am going to submit four of them tonight for suppressor builds. Submitted one suppressor build a month ago and then other things took priority time wise over me submitting the other four.

Me, I am still waiting for my $200 refund from my first ever Form 1 back on December 29, 2015. I sent in my SBS Form 1 in late May. Might have that back by Christmas.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I'm not worried about when the Form 1s come back ( 2 SBR and one suppressor). I figure by the time they come back I'll easily have the money to build them. I'm not thrilled about waiting 6 months for a refund though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm not worried about when the Form 1s come back ( 2 SBR and one suppressor). I figure by the time they come back I'll easily have the money to build them. I'm not thrilled about waiting 6 months for a refund though.

If I knew I would be receiving my refund in 6 months, which was 2 days ago, I would be fine with it. If I knew I was receiving my refund within a year, I would be fine with that too. It is just not knowing and having to follow up with the agency that is driving me nuts. I could spend that time on other things. Lord knows there is a never ending list of things to get done.

As far as building all this up, I figure it will just be an ongoing project. There is just a lot to build and a lot of other things on the "to do" list. To top it off, work keeps getting in the way of the "to do" list.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Does it come in a refund check, or just back to my cc?

If I knew I would be receiving my refund in 6 months, which was 2 days ago, I would be fine with it. If I knew I was receiving my refund within a year, I would be fine with that too. It is just not knowing and having to follow up with the agency that is driving me nuts. I could spend that time on other things. Lord knows there is a never ending list of things to get done.

As far as building all this up, I figure it will just be an ongoing project. There is just a lot to build and a lot of other things on the "to do" list. To top it off, work keeps getting in the way of the "to do" list.

Just an FYI, after my recent screw-up, the money was refunded to my card in approximately 30 days.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There seem to be no rhime or reasoning to the refunds. I suspect there do them in big shots. I don't know.:shrug:

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010

Send an email to Ted clutter, with the control number, inquiring about it. Be polite, the dude is helpful and get shit done.

Had the same experience, my wait was up to 114 days before I contacted Ted. Two weeks later, I had my refund. He even told me to contact him if it wasn't there within two weeks.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Well, i guess this is a good update. I submitted the eForm on June 30 (and subsequently tried to withdraw it). A week later I get a "Disapproval" since I put in the wrong serial number. Also states that refund should go back to CC within 30 days. Lastly it says anything recieved on or after July 13 will have to follow 41F.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well, i guess this is a good update. I submitted the eForm on June 30 (and subsequently tried to withdraw it). A week later I get a "Disapproval" since I put in the wrong serial number. Also states that refund should go back to CC within 30 days. Lastly it says anything recieved on or after July 13 will have to follow 41F.

WOW!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Good info thanks. I just registered on the e file site and will do my two form 1's either tomorrow or Monday. Last minute as usual :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom