• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    My uncle gave this to me around 50 years ago. He told me it was a bring home from WWII.

P3260006_sn.jpg

P3260020.jpg

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Still looks pretty darn good on the outside though for being over 100 yrs old! I think the sidelatch variation was made 1910-1913

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yup, real early 3 digit SN side-latch with 1910/34 transitional model replacement grips that were used between the wars. That's a nice example! Definite bring-back as there's no import mark. Even with the barrel condition it's a solid keeper.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Yup, real early 3 digit SN side-latch with 1910/34 transitional model replacement grips that were used between the wars. That's a nice example! Definite bring-back as there's no import mark. Even with the barrel condition it's a solid keeper.

Oops, sorry, it's actually a very late serial for a side latch. I removed some of the numbers with software but I really don't know why. I saw someone else do it here so I figured there must be a reason.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Oops, sorry, it's actually a very late serial for a side latch. I removed some of the numbers with software but I really don't know why. I saw someone else do it here so I figured there must be a reason.

Such a tidy job, I never noticed. You're correct, with the last SN around 61,000 for the side-latch variation your's would have been produced near the tail-end.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I finally got to shoot this pistol with a magazine in it. When my uncle gave it to me it didn't have a magazine so I bought a box of ammo and shot a few rounds through it one at a time. 20~30 years ago I bought a magazine from I think Triple K and the bottom plate broke and flew off the first time I loaded rounds into it. So right before I started this thread I finally got around to putting the magazine together and soldering the bottom plate back on. Yeah, I'm a true procrastinator. :innocent0

The barrel is in poor shape and a bullet will fall half way down the barrel before stopping so I wasn't expecting a lot of accuracy but I think it did pretty darn good considering. I still had the box of ammo left over from the 60's with a $5 price tag on it plus I bought some current Winchester white box for a whole lot more. :mad54:

I read that these pistols don't feed reliably and it didn't let me down. I ran 3 mags through it, 2 old ammo 1 new, and one round out of each didn't quite make it in the barrel and jammed the slide open. Other than that, it fired every time and ejected all cases.

Target 25' away firing without a rest. It looks like a couple of the rounds hit the target a bit sideways. :rolleye12

Attachments

• P5290002.jpg
      P5290002.jpg
      86.9 KB · Views: 142

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I finally got to shoot this pistol with a magazine in it. When my uncle gave it to me it didn't have a magazine so I bought a box of ammo and shot a few rounds through it one at a time. 20~30 years ago I bought a magazine from I think Triple K and the bottom plate broke and flew off the first time I loaded rounds into it. So right before I started this thread I finally got around to putting the magazine together and soldering the bottom plate back on. Yeah, I'm a true procrastinator. :innocent0

The barrel is in poor shape and a bullet will fall half way down the barrel before stopping so I wasn't expecting a lot of accuracy but I think it did pretty darn good considering. I still had the box of ammo left over from the 60's with a $5 price tag on it plus I bought some current Winchester white box for a whole lot more. :mad54:

I read that these pistols don't feed reliably and it didn't let me down. I ran 3 mags through it, 2 old ammo 1 new, and one round out of each didn't quite make it in the barrel and jammed the slide open. Other than that, it fired every time and ejected all cases.

Target 25' away firing without a rest. It looks like a couple of the rounds hit the target a bit sideways. :rolleye12

That's awesome! Would love to shoot that!

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    That's awesome! Would love to shoot that!

I don't remember much about firing it in the past so it was like a new experience for me. It has a nice solid feel to it when fired and I wasn't expecting the amount of recoil from a .25 caliber. Definitely a fun little gun to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom