• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    How difficult would it be to add the Canik tp-9 to the list? It's damn cheap and gets great reviews

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    You would have to acquire one and have it sent to the board for review.

Since it is not on the Roster, an FFL would have to receive it from a distributor and submit it as you can't take delivery yourself, as it is not on the a Roster, Catch 22.

Basically, you need to buy one, and have an FFL submit it for you, unless the manufacturer, or a dealer who already has one cares to submit it on their own.

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    And that is how we got to this position in the first place.

Talk to an FFL you frequent, see if they're interested. IIRC, Duffy's will work with most folks or at least seem more willing than other FFLs.
    Would you be able to explain to me how me not wanting to spend 400+$ of my money which could lead to a potential 100% loss led to Md Instituting a handgun roster? I'm just curious

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Would you be able to explain to me how me not wanting to spend 400+$ of my money which could lead to a potential 100% loss led to Md Instituting a handgun roster? I'm just curious

:lol: I probably came off like a dick, sorry.

Unwillingness to participate in (an admittedly stupid process) that intentionally makes it challenging to get a handgun only makes it easier for them to continue to infringe on/make it more of a waste of time (see: HQL). If you want something that isn't currently available in Maryland, you need to participate in the red tape to get it. Otherwise, you're a silent partner to the erosion of our rights. You let them win if you want something particular, realize it has to go through the roster, and then give up so to speak. Make sense?

It's not a 100% loss actually - if the roster board doesn't approve it, you are compensated based on what you paid for it (from my understanding). It took me ~6 months to hear back on my roster board submission and it was completely, utterly, an intentional waste of time, but at the end of it I got the particular handgun I wanted. :)

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md

Unwillingness to participate in (an admittedly stupid process) that intentionally makes it challenging to get a handgun only makes it easier for them to continue to infringe on/make it more of a waste of time (see: HQL). If you want something that isn't currently available in Maryland, you need to participate in the red tape to get it. Otherwise, you're a silent partner to the erosion of our rights. You let them win if you want something particular, realize it has to go through the roster, and then give up so to speak. Make sense?

It's not a 100% loss actually - if the roster board doesn't approve it, you are compensated based on what you paid for it (from my understanding). It took me ~6 months to hear back on my roster board submission and it was completely, utterly, an intentional waste of time, but at the end of it I got the particular handgun I wanted. :)
    Slightly lol. Thanks for that info , I will look into this a little more when I get a chance.

subzero

Jun 14, 2013
    I want to submit petition for HK vp9. Any FFL willing go help? It will be delivered with in a month.

rauler

May 2, 2012
    I'm willing to submit any handguns to the roster, if you want one. Just send it to me.

Good information to have, I thank you for your assiduousness. I am yet to visit your shop, but when I do, if it's ok, I would like to also discuss some gun roster issues with you. Should I just ask for the Devil? :)

Sent from my iPhone using ravens

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012

That is only if they keep the gun. In most cases, they just return it if they don't approve it.

We have submitted numerous guns; all were approved. If you want one, sent it here, we would be happy to run it through.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Why get canik when you can get a CZ which is the same and is already on the roster? Seems confusing as to why some stuff is on the roster and other stuff is not. Time to look for jobs and housing in Virginia ;-)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I wonder why the board wants an actual specimen? Are they such experts that they can second guess Sig, Glock, HK, any other manufacturer?

What do they do with the gun once approved?

I contacted a small manufacturer (Boberg); they were working the process directly with Maryland.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I wonder why the board wants an actual specimen? Are they such experts that they can second guess Sig, Glock, HK, any other manufacturer?

What do they do with the gun once approved?

I contacted a small manufacturers (Boberg); they were working the process directly with Maryland.

Once approved, they return the gun to the entity the entity that submitted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom