• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    My brother lives in Wv and I'm in this hell hole MD so I need to know if him loaning me his ar15 would be breaking any new MD laws.

Thanks

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If he owned it before Oct 1. then no. It's legal to lend a firearm for sporting purposes. Just don't run afoul of 281, which prohibits a regulated long gun from coming into MD if it was not legally possessed before Oct.1

IANAL

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Sure, he's your brother, and I assume neither of you are criminals; or you wouldn't be asking the question.

Wait, you are asking a legal question about Marylanistan - where common sense was lost long ago.

All kidding aside I stopped trying so hard to know the law once SB281 passed, most of us are probably criminals now, with nothing more than the stroke of a pen. Sorry I can't help you. Obligatory comment: check with your attorney and don't break the law - whatever that is today. I don't think there will be any issue because he lives in a free-state, and you are not bringing it into O'Malleyland.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Legal if he owned it prior to 10/1/13. Illegal if not. Bringing a banned long gun into MD purchased after 9/30/13 is a felony.

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    Sure, he's your brother, and I assume neither of you are criminals; or you wouldn't be asking the question.

Wait, you are asking a legal question about Marylanistan - where common sense was lost long ago.

All kidding aside I stopped trying so hard to know the law once SB281 passed, most of us are probably criminals now, with nothing more than the stroke of a pen. Sorry I can't help you. Obligatory comment: check with your attorney and don't break the law - whatever that is today. I don't think there will be any issue because he lives in a free-state, and you are not bringing it into O'Malleyland.

Haha no, we are good and he works for DOJ so that wouldn't look good.

Sorry for poor grammar and punct I'm in the car getting car sick typing this.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    So I am assuming no one can come to a md range for target practice or for a competition shoot with a post 10/1 rifle,just how are people gonna know they are commiting a crime in say 5 years they are traveling thru and stop for a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom