• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • risk

Dec 7, 2011
    In case anyone goes to Walmart for shells, they now have a 3 box limit. You know it's getting bad when shells are getting limits. Also Cabelas has a 5 flats per day limit.

Also I was able to pickup 3 boxes of AA's at the Towson Walmart the other night. I had to purchase them at the electronics checkout counter and the clerk saw asked me in a non joking voice, "Your not going to kill anyone with this are you?" I couldn't stop laughing at the clerk, then I proceeded to scold him about 2A and told him that trap shooting is an Olympic sport.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    It was federal target loads (blue box) and cost $6.27 per box so $62.70 per flat. I had an coupon to buy one box get one 25% off (limit 6) and I had a $10 rewards coupon so I saved about $21 once tax was factored in. I only kept 16 boxes for myself and gave 4 flats to my Chinese neighbor whose 14 year daughter shoots trap and needed shells for the State Shoot this weekend. She is hitting about 96/100!

Redcobra, I sometimes see you post over at SGW under the same name with a location near me (I'm in Carney). Where do you shoot? I'm new to trap (since this March) and I'm looking to meet up with others from MDS at the range. I've been shooting at BCGF on Thursdays and I've been to Carney Rod and Gun Club once. Do you also shoot skeet, sporting, 5 stand, or wobble?

I shoot at Loch Raven (skeet,trap,wobble,5-stand). I can be found there most days Wed-Sun. Look for the Red Audi in the lot. Sometimes at Carney, State shoot this week.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    RichB... u mean the fold crimp at the top of the shell? I thought it would be more a light wad press, or unreliable powder measure in the allinone Lee press. (Measures shot and powder for you)

Even the Dick's Sporting Goods in Gaithersburg has 12ga and some 20ga in stock. Not much of a demand there.

I didn't know - I was helping my mom clean out my dad's old stuff last weekend and found several boxes of shells. Mostly deer slugs and some birdshot. Gave them away to some others up there. Kept some .22LR though.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Thanx for the sightings guys.
    Now....
    How about some 12g for under $6-$6.50/box? I just can't bring myself to pay $7-$8/box for promotional shells or eurotrash. I heard that a place in PA has Gunclubs for $60/flat. Gonna check it out next week.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Thanx for the sightings guys.
    Now....
    How about some 12g for under $6-$6.50/box? I just can't bring myself to pay $7-$8/box for promotional shells or eurotrash. I heard that a place in PA has Gunclubs for $60/flat. Gonna check it out next week.

At $60/flat for gunclub, I'd buy a few flats, but I'm not sure saving $10 per flat is worth the time and gas to go to PA. I'd need to buy 50 flats to make it worthwhile.

Also their is a reason I shot trap with a pump gun, I don't have a few grand laying around so I wouldn't be able to buy 50 flats :)

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I guess if Walmart now has a 3 box limit, that is why I haven't been seeing the 4 box value packs. Walmart in Severn has been keeping fairly well stocked with shotshell in 12 ga and a number of 20's. Also saw a few 28 ga and 410 recently...but I haven't seen the value packs they used to sell.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    At $60/flat for gunclub, I'd buy a few flats, but I'm not sure saving $10 per flat is worth the time and gas to go to PA. I'd need to buy 50 flats to make it worthwhile.

Also their is a reason I shot trap with a pump gun, I don't have a few grand laying around so I wouldn't be able to buy 50 flats :)

I hope to make a run up to Richlands or Shydas this week. If the price is right I'll buy 10 flats of shells, Powder if they have it, and 400lbs of shot.
    Maybe Friday.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    :sad20:Dick's has a sale on Gun Clubs at buy one, get one at half price. That makes them $5.24/box. Great deal, but none of the 4 in my area have any in stock.:sad20:
    My friend is checking Hagerstown for me.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I hope to make a run up to Richlands or Shydas this week.
    I got a few more flats from my Buddy who goes up there (PA guys, they live a little closer).

Seem to still be a round $60 a flat from what I can tell for RIOs.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Made a road trip up I-81 today, Chambersburg Dunhams, Wal-Mart and Gander all have tons of shottie rounds, even some reloading stuff on the shelves.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Just got back from Richland in PA. They have W209 primers at $35, lots of shot, Claydot ( but no Clays) and GCs at $60/flat. Rios, slightly less.
    Loaded the car till it couldn't carry any more.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Walmart in Whitemarsh has 7.5 and 8 in 12g both federal and nitros (1300 fps). About 5 flats left, no limit.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Dicks sporting goods in hunt valley just got in a whole pallet of 12g and 20g. They have 7.5, 8, and 9 shot in various loads from 7/8 to 1 1/8. Mainly gun club for the 12g and Winchester for the 20g. They do not have any AA's or Nitros.

While they do have 12g in 7.5, they have none left in 1 1/8 loads. I got 4 flats of it; 2 or 3 are going to the AIM program at Carney and I'm keeping 1 or 2 flats for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom