• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So I’m just getting into reloading, I just ordered my press and tumbler, I found some smokeless powder, and a reloading guide. I’ve been saving all my brass (9mm, 223/556, 7.5x55 Swiss, and 6.5x52 carcano). Would anyone be willing to sell me primers or dies for any of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primers are the really hard thing to find right now. You should be able to buy the Swiss and Carcano dies, as they aren't in high demand. The 9mm and .223 dies can be had, but you'll be paying a premium right now.
    Get yourself a reloading manual to learn the ropes. If you have questions, please ask MDS, but don't use MDS as a substitute for a reloading manual.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Primers are the really hard thing to find right now. You should be able to buy the Swiss and Carcano dies, as they aren't in high demand. The 9mm and .223 dies can be had, but you'll be paying a premium right now.
    Get yourself a reloading manual to learn the ropes. If you have questions, please ask MDS, but don't use MDS as a substitute for a reloading manual.

Ya, I’ve found some sites that have projectiles, and I have the reloading manual coming today or tomorrow. And I have been reading through some of the other threads as well. Should I get a 4 die set or 3? Does it really matter?
    b002419b04e4a8c1a403af302b6ab8a5.jpg

This is the press I ordered as well.

Ya, I’ve found some sites that have projectiles, and I have the reloading manual coming today or tomorrow. And I have been reading through some of the other threads as well. Should I get a 4 die set or 3? Does it really matter?
    This is the press I ordered as well.

For semi autos, I would get the 4 die sets (bullet crimp). Your bolt guns should be fine without a crimp. (My opinion, others will disagree)
    When you start out, use your press as a single stage- focusing on one thing at a time. Once you get comfortable, start using the turret function.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    For semi autos, I would get the 4 die sets (bullet crimp). Your bolt guns should be fine without a crimp. (My opinion, others will disagree)
    When you start out, use your press as a single stage- focusing on one thing at a time. Once you get comfortable, start using the turret function.

That was what I was thinking of doing, instead of buying a second press I would start real slow then progressively get faster

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County

Absolutely this... :beer:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

I was not able to find Carcano dies a month ago and did something else to load them.

If anyone fines 6.5 Carano dies in stock, PM me please
    thanks

Teflon

Aug 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I found an almost-full box of .270 Barnes X bullets, see pic. Qty is 49.

Would trade for .22ammo or ammo/components for 9mm, .40, 350L.

Located in Western MD but I'm in Frederick almost weekly.
    ad0d47fac6cd3606f8497a5b71afd40c.jpg
    bfd79e6bbe44b24091e4874a09e46b2c.jpg

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I’ve got mag large pistol primers (in aps strips) and 195 count of 45 acp brass to trade. I need bullets for 7.62x39, 223 or 9mm and h335 powder. Could use small primers. Might even be interested in cases

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    TRADE COMPLETE
    Have 500 Proofmark cast 125gr RN I’d be willing to trade for some .40 brass (Annapolis)
    6c4a490c1cc3dc3b331a53450eb70271.jpg

Last edited:

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    22LR Ammo and Other Stuff From the Back Shelf

Still looking for Varget . . .

22LR
    I'm not sure what the market for 22LR ammo is right now, but I have 22LR ammo of various brands and grades that I'm willing to part with.

- 1 x 333 pack Winchester 36gr. HP 1280 fps
    - 3 x boxes of 50 Aguila Rifle Match 40gr. (Eley primed)
    - 1 x 500 pack CCI Blazer 40gr.

c0rcHIL.jpg

Die Sets (All LEE Collet Type - some surface rust that I can buff off)

- .22-250 Remington (missing plastic spoon)
    - 6mm/244 Remington (missing shellholder)
    - 308 Winchester
    - 30-30 Winchester / 30 Remington

fHIZVUk.jpg

I also have a full set of .22-250 Ackley Improved dies and fireformed Lapua cases.

886OSZL.jpg

New Powder
    - CFE223 (partial - almost full#)

And I'll put these out there if anyone is interested:
    Old Powders (all are ~20 years old, but have been kept sealed in cool/dry condition)
    - IMR4064 (partial)
    - IMR4064 (unopened)
    - H870 (partial)
    - H414 (partial)
    - Reloader 15 (partial - one not opened until 2016)

4u0m3u7.jpg

DOrF3mM.jpg

PM me if interested in any of this and have H4895 or Varget that you could part with. I can measure partial powder to the gram if interested.

Last edited:

GASSMAN

Feb 14, 2009
    I have the following for sale/trade:

.32 Automatic 71 grain, Remington UMC (ball) 40 rounds

7mm-08 REM 139 gr InterLock Hornady American Whitetail = 1 bx of 20

.270 WBY Magnum ultra high velocity 130 grain Weatherby = 19 rounds

300 WSM 180 grain power point Winchester super X deer elk boar = 1 bx of 20 rounds

25-06 Rem 117 gr SST Hornady Superformance =16 rounds

I will consider cash offers, or trades for 9mm/5.56/.223 factory ammo,
    9mm reloading components (not brass, I have a ton), AR parts, let me know what you got... Please PM me, located in Odenton

Last edited:

rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019
    I am looking to barter for a model 1858 remington black powder revolver without rust, some black powder accessories, and a rimfire .22 revolver a la Wrangler or rough rider. I have some winchester 5.56 and cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom