• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyrano_oneone

Dec 15, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    My father worked in Germany in 1961 for a couple of years. He picked up this Dagger and I inherited it. It has a stamped date of 1938.

I am interested in selling it. What is the best way to do that?

I see there are online places that will buy it but I do not know which are reputable. Does anyone know?

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
      cropped.jpg
      24.5 KB · Views: 325

WarPig68

May 9, 2012
    Pasadena
    My father worked in Germany in 1961 for a couple of years. He picked up this Dagger and I inherited it. It has a stamped date of 1938.

I am interested in selling it. What is the best way to do that?

I see there are online places that will buy it but I do not know which are reputable. Does anyone know?

It’s a German SA (Stürm Abteilung) dagger. Pictures of the maker mark and the scabbard would help with value. The SA daggers are fairly common in the militaria world, but a rare maker could constitute a higher price.

I’d recommend looking at the “Sold” listings on SummerVacation Militaria. Just look up SV Militaria on google and you will find the website. That will give you an idea of what yours will be worth.

Local collectors or listing it on GB may be a good route. The online dealers are going to pay you probably 1/4 of its worth. It’s the business.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    On that website quartermaster provided, a rare one was sold for 550.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Take good pictures and head on over to K98Kforum dot com. You'll get honest answers there from guys who have been in the hobby for decades.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I think the first thing he needs to do is get it authenticated. Many Nazi items were expertly counterfeited after the war years. Once authenticated go online to some of the military sites where collector's and vendors can be found

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom