• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Pulled up in front of Annapolis ice cream company at 3:46 fed the meter. Briskly walked to house of delegates and judiciary committee. Handed my testimony. Took a pee. Walked back to ice cream company for a peanut butter vanilla cone. Was sitting in the car at 3:58.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I'm gonna issue a preliminary call and say I'm not gonna make it. I'm in the 12" snowfall area. I'm gonna call and email the committee tomorrow. If there's no snow in the morning as I pray to God there isn't I may revise my decision.

Hope all of our patriots are kept safe.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Pulled up in front of Annapolis ice cream company at 3:46 fed the meter. Briskly walked to house of delegates and judiciary committee. Handed my testimony. Took a pee. Walked back to ice cream company for a peanut butter vanilla cone. Was sitting in the car at 3:58.

You didn't waste any time. I hope you remembered to shake it a little bit.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm gonna issue a preliminary call and say I'm not gonna make it. I'm in the 12" snowfall area. I'm gonna call and email the committee tomorrow. If there's no snow in the morning as I pray to God there isn't I may revise my decision.

Hope all of our patriots are kept safe.

Don't forget to stop and get your toilet paper, milk and bread before retiring for the evening. :lol2:

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    My son Colin and I will be there without a doubt. We live in Odenton and as long as the 4wd in the 4Runner is functional, we'll be front and center. He works (as an intern) for Del. Riley and I basically do this because I have a silly commitment to my oath to defend and uphold plus a serious masochistic streak. For those of you who are stranded in the deeper areas, we'll do what we can to speak up on your behalf.

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    My son Colin and I will be there without a doubt. We live in Odenton and as long as the 4wd in the 4Runner is functional, we'll be front and center. He works (as an intern) for Del. Riley and I basically do this because I have a silly commitment to my oath to defend and uphold plus a serious masochistic streak. For those of you who are stranded in the deeper areas, we'll do what we can to speak up on your behalf.

Thank you for that! I am not at all happy about this storm as this hearing was going to be my last one in Maryland. I had some great stuff ready to roll, especially on Rosenberg's HB 1521, spending my tax dollars to fund "research" into further ways to infringe our 2A rights. Give 'em hell!

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    It will be my last testimony as a MD citizen and I will do my best to bring hell with me - of course while observing the decorum and manners that we have never been accorded when doing our duty as patriotic Marylanders. It promises to be a sad day indeed for me when I have to publicly demonstrate to my grown son, who has decided to serve the public, that the Constitution is not valued in any way by the majority of elected "representatives" in the Free State. I am a veteran, an originalist and a proud descendant of the men who so carefully chose the words that articulate our freedoms. Tomorrow, my son and I will sit in a room filled with people who do their best to undo those freedoms that so many have died to secure. It will be an honor and a memory that I hope he will pass on to my grandchildren.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Several inches of drifting "global warming" here, with a nice crust of sleet developing on top of it. I am so glad some of you have missed the worst of this last Winter Wonderland and can make it to 'Naptown. Please give them an extra warm chunk of hell on behalf of those of us stuck in the frozen North.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Md State Government is closed, but I assume the legislature is open. The weasels stay downtown on our nickel.

Yes. Just checked.

The Maryland General Assembly will be open on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.

The Senate and House will hold floor sessions at the times shown below.

Senate and House committees are currently scheduled to meet at their posted times.

Weather related information will be posted as it becomes available.

Employees are advised to prioritize their own safety when determining whether to report to work and to stay in touch with their direct supervisor.

Posted: 3/13/2017 9:00 P.M.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Driving slow to dodge downed trees was balanced by no traffic. Took me exactly same time as usual, and I got a prime spot in the close by parking garage.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Driving slow to dodge downed trees was balanced by no traffic. Took me exactly same time as usual, and I got a prime spot in the close by parking garage.

Yeah, I'm betting on a lot of downed trees today. Looking out my back windows, there are a lot of trees that are swaying much more because of the ice covering. If ice continues to accumulate and the wind continues to blow, it might be a "dodge the oak tree" game all over the place.

Be careful out there.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    I just checked with my son who is an intern for Del. Reilly and as of 0645, the legislative calendar will be on as scheduled today. See those of you who can make it down there.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Moms Who Need Some Action said that they would be no-shows if B'more and hoco schools were closed today, which they are. Of course, if I were them. I'd bring my kiddies with me to try to get to the legiscritters' soft side.

So that may mean that more truck driving 2A champions may be present than coal powered primus-driving mommies.

Snow or no snow, I am too sick to attend today's event. Kindly hammer home all of the stupid things wrong with the proposed legislation, especially the the long gun transfer bill. After all, long guns are used in only -- wait for it-- about 3% of gun crimes.....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My usual Delegate who is lawyer not in ofc yet.

Who is pro gun delegate with background in LE or Lawyer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom