• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Hi,
    I am looking for a OWB holster that will fit a SW MP9 and a MP45.
    I have looked at the Galco Website and they list a holster that will fit an MP9/40. Does anyone know if this will also fit the MP45?

Is there an Industry Partner near Towson that may carry an appropriate holster?

If I had these pistols (all lost in the bay) I would want a open carry holster that would fit both weapons.

Thanks

ps: What do you think of this?
    http://www.amazon.com/Fobus-Standar...id=1406576971&sr=8-11&keywords=m&p+45+holster

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Aside from the generic (and poorly made) universal holsters, you'd be hard pressed to find 1 holster that'll fit the 9mm AND 45 M&P - due to the difference in frame width.

I can say from experience, the 9mm/40 Serpa will fit a 45, but it will chew up the finish on the 45 after enough drawing/re-holstering.

If your ok with that, I can give you one - it's sitting in the "drawer o' holsters" right now.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Just got a fobus for my glock. Super tight retention. I ripped it off my belt the first try. Did some research and wiped the inside with a silicon cloth and spread the trigger guard area a little and it's good to go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just got a fobus for my glock. Super tight retention. I ripped it off my belt the first try. Did some research and wiped the inside with a silicon cloth and spread the trigger guard area a little and it's good to go.

When you draw from a kydex/kydex type holster, it has to be with a smart, quick "snap". Unless the retention screw is so loose, then you won't have a handful of holster when you draw.
    Not that most people train in the dirt, anything "lube" inside a holster can attract dirt/grit, etc...just like mags, keep them bone dry. Anything that you add to help make it easier, makes it easier when you aren't trying to draw.

If it's too tight, check that retention screw. Is it the newer evolution model with the red rubber on the back of the paddle? Another thing, straight drop holsters with retention screws, the straight drop is"part" of the retention. Any angle forward or back (usually from where someone will grab) is just going to force that holster in that direction. One needs to be damn near drawing perfectly straight up with these.
    IF you have the roto holster even one position forward is a HUGE help when drawing.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    When you draw from a kydex/kydex type holster, it has to be with a smart, quick "snap". Unless the retention screw is so loose, then you won't have a handful of holster when you draw.
    Not that most people train in the dirt, anything "lube" inside a holster can attract dirt/grit, etc...just like mags, keep them bone dry. Anything that you add to help make it easier, makes it easier when you aren't trying to draw.

If it's too tight, check that retention screw. Is it the newer evolution model with the red rubber on the back of the paddle? Another thing, straight drop holsters with retention screws, the straight drop is"part" of the retention. Any angle forward or back (usually from where someone will grab) is just going to force that holster in that direction. One needs to be damn near drawing perfectly straight up with these.
    IF you have the roto holster even one position forward is a HUGE help when drawing.
    it's had the red back. it's just the standard model. I read on the site to practice with it 25-50 times a day until you get used to it. For my glock 19, I couldn't even get the gun out the first few times until I spread the trigger guard a little. The silicon made a night and day difference. I do like the holster tho.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I carry both my M&P .357 and my M&P .45C in the same DeSantis Viper holster that is listed for the .40. They both fit the same way with no problems. The same for my DeSantis thumb break pancake. The only thing I don't know is if the full size M&P .45 will fit without the barrel extending below the holster because it is linger.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    it's had the red back. it's just the standard model. I read on the site to practice with it 25-50 times a day until you get used to it. For my glock 19, I couldn't even get the gun out the first few times until I spread the trigger guard a little. The silicon made a night and day difference. I do like the holster tho.

i LOVE fobus holsters. I have one I have been using at the range for the better part of 11-12 years now.

I have the newer one for my Shield to carry concealed. I think they have a slimmer profile and are a wee bit more robust in material. The price for the quality to me cannot be beat.
    You'll get many years out of that holster :thumbsup:

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    i LOVE fobus holsters. I have one I have been using at the range for the better part of 11-12 years now.

I have the newer one for my Shield to carry concealed. I think they have a slimmer profile and are a wee bit more robust in material. The price for the quality to me cannot be beat.
    You'll get many years out of that holster :thumbsup:
    my primary for ccw is a alien gear holster. its a iwb hybrid holster. I like having an owb also. the fobus seems nice, I got a mag holder from them too. I'm happy with it.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I use crossbreed IWB for most CCW use, then a ustom kydex OWB for range use

Kydex is nice, tension can be adjusted by heating it up with a hairdryer.the newer OWB designs also hug the body and distribute weight resulting in minimal printing . Its also comfortable to carry.

Raven concealmemt, blackdog concealment holster are worth checking

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I got a uncle mikes reflex for my full size 40 M&P and really like it. Light, build well, good retention, easy to get the hang of. I don't think it is good for concealment, it sticks out from the body a bit to much and has some pretty square lines, but rides nice and high. Great range holster or something to use for open carry at a class, etc. I have notice a few of the MSP boat officers had them.

If you are looking for leather Tangua (spelling might be wrong) is nice, I notice Biacchi has a viper model that looks pretty nice too. Good luck.

TD

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    The Safariland GLS is worth a look. It only fits the 9 / 40 variants, however.

The retention method (along with the excellent ALS) is leagues ahead of the execrable SERPA design.

For what it's worth, I've found that it's always best to select a holster and corresponding belt that is made to fit your handgun, and to avoid paddle holsters and those of dubious design.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For what it's worth, I've found that it's always best to select a holster and corresponding belt that is made to fit your handgun, and to avoid paddle holsters and those of dubious design.

For us really skinny guys, paddle-style holsters are about the only thing that works.

The only paddle I'd trust my scrawny ass to is the Safariland 6378. With a dedicated gun belt I have been lifted off of my feet by a friend when practicing "grabs" on my cleared sidearm. Holster never hinted at letting go.

Belt-loop attachment doesn't work for me due to my build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom