• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The state did not get this way in 8 years, and wont be fixed in 8 years.

People seem to want Hogan to wave a magic wand and convert 1/3 to 1/2 the state to the cause of liberty and small government, when all they are willing to do is stay home yell at the internet.

JaegerJason

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 1, 2018
    Wow, it's even worse than I thought. So many going to vote blatantly against the US constitution. No wonder Maryland is such a $%!&hole.

The temperature in the pot is rising, folks. I think it's time to turn up the heat and see if we can't get some more frogs to jump out before it's too late. Sometimes you have to knock it all down to start over.

You've got an example at the federal scale. Both political parties went nuts, so we got the other guy. Maybe not perfect, but it's a start. It's a movement. Stop voting for more of the same. Stop voting to lose your rights. Start a movement here.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wow, it's even worse than I thought. So many going to vote blatantly against the US constitution. No wonder Maryland is such a $%!&hole.

The temperature in the pot is rising, folks. I think it's time to turn up the heat and see if we can't get some more frogs to jump out before it's too late. Sometimes you have to knock it all down to start over.

You've got an example at the federal scale. Both political parties went nuts, so we got the other guy. Maybe not perfect, but it's a start. It's a movement. Stop voting for more of the same. Stop voting to lose your rights. Start a movement here.

Except the "other guy" you speak of posted an amazing 33% of the vote, compared to Hillary's commanding 60% in Maryland.

Any movement or attempt to get the other guy is going to have to deal with the reality of Maryland's demographics. Federally Trump worked because of the United States Electoral College balancing the weight of the large states with the small ones. There is no mechanism like that in Maryland. Maryland has 24 counties and 1 city. Hillary won 6 of the 24 counties and won the state.

Hogan won, in part because he was the other guy, in part because Brown sucked, and in part because he acknowledged that you can't win a statewide election in Maryland without Democratic support.

But I know to many of you these are the "politics of fear" and really if we just don't vote, the Republicans will run a hardcore conservative, and magically Democrats will jump ship like rats trying to support a hardcore conservative.

While people wait for that happen, I'll sit back and enjoy all the new taxes and gun control we get. They lost 4 years, I'm sure they will be eager to play catch up. I mean someone's gotta fund the Red Line light rail, and new bus lines, and throw more money into the money pit of unaccountability that is many schools in this state.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In Maryland politics you do not vote FOR someone..... you vote AGAINST the worst. It is always the choice between a douche and a s**t sandwich and will probably remain that way until you either move to free America or die.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    In Maryland politics you do not vote FOR someone..... you vote AGAINST the worst. It is always the choice between a douche and a s**t sandwich and will probably remain that way until you either move to free America or die.
    W. C. Fields approves of this post.

Of course I am a worthless POS, surrender monkey, quisling, red coat, sucker-egg, who has no spine, and beats small children when in my cups.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I do not understand why so many believe Hogan is going to be able to change the political landscape of Maryland.

Article III of the Maryland Constitution clearly spells out the process for establishing legislative districts. The MGA has the upper hand in the process. A safe bet their preliminary plan has already been drawn.

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/43const/html/03art3.html

The Governor shall present the plan to the President of the Senate and Speaker of the House of Delegates who shall introduce the Governor's plan as a joint resolution to the General Assembly, not later than the first day of its regular session in the second year following every census, and the Governor may call a special session for the presentation of his plan prior to the regular session.

The Gov may or may not get his plan adopted, but at least there will be an alternative plan that makes the motives of the GA transparent.

by the way, this part is a joke, right?

Each legislative district shall consist of adjoining territory, be compact in form, and of substantially equal population. Due regard shall be given to natural boundaries and the boundaries of political subdivisions.

:lol:

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia

This hits the nail on the head.

First election that I've voted in for a long time where I could vote for someone that I wanted to instead of merely voting against someone was when I cast my ballot for Trump.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( Having only read the first page of thread )

Actual the Govenors back in the 1860's were " Unionist " , not Republican. The Union Party was a temporary splinter party during the Civil War and early Reconstruction era . Simplified , they were otherwise Democrats , that opposed Succession, and favored keeping the Union together . Back then , they were way different than the Republicians .

So the answer is Theodore McKeldin only .

Had he not become Vice President, Agnew probably would have been reelected . The other question is whether he would have completed his second term before going to Federal prison.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When Republicans rule like Democrats , you need to look beyond the D or R behind their name .

Quinn .

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I wouldn't call voting on 2A beliefs being a "single issue voter". The way you view the 2A is a great measure for the way you view the entire constitution and therefore the rule of law. If you think the second can be infringed, you also feel the first can be curtailed, the 4th can be ignored, the 14th shouldn't apply, etc.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Anyone who can look at this picture and honestly think that Hogan will be a friend to us in his second term needs to have their head examined.

I'd rather be stabbed in the chest by an enemy than in the back by a friend.

Attachments

• Hogan is a traitor.jpg
      Hogan is a traitor.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 145

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hogan will continue to be awful on the 2A is my prediction. He had numerous opportunities to make small tweaks to improve our lives, and he did none of them, not even the ones that would have had zero political blowback. He's made his decision about what MD gun owner support is worth, and it was clearly a smart decision given the number of people here who are going to vote for him even after he signed the red flag and bumpstock bills.

This state is basically a lost cause from a demographics standpoint, and that drives every other problem we've got. We can and should fight tactically against legislation in the MGA and keep suing the state on 2A grounds, but the delusion that we're gonna somehow pass a bunch of pro-2A bills because we vote in a gun-friendly MGA is just that: a delusion. The MSI leadership seems to get that, but there's a lot of people on this forum who don't.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    When Republicans rule like Democrats , you need to look beyond the D or R behind their name .

Quinn .

WINNER WINNER RURITAN CHICKEN DINNER. People get hung up on political party because it helps them feel like they're winning, meanwhile the R's are doing as much damage to liberty as the D's in this state.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The state did not get this way in 8 years, and wont be fixed in 8 years.

People seem to want Hogan to wave a magic wand and convert 1/3 to 1/2 the state to the cause of liberty and small government, when all they are willing to do is stay home yell at the internet.

Nope many were hopeful he would do something positive many just prayed for he would do nothing one way or the other. But instead he goes fill retard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom