• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    More questions about 41F:

Now that 41F is the law, are there updated BATFE Form4s that no longer have the space for CLEO signoff?

Are there BATFE forms for notifying the CLEO when submitting a Form4?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think the interpretation is going to devolve into who the BATFE believes are the responsible parties.

The beneficiaries on my trust have zero power, usage, or ownership until my wife and I die. But that's not a guarantee that the BATFE will read it the same way.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    new forms

Attachments

• f_5320_1_application_to_make_and_register_a_firearm.pdf
      1 MB · Views: 9,728
    • f_5320_4_application_for_tax_paid_transfer_and_registration_of_firearm.pdf
      1,005.1 KB · Views: 263
    • f_5320_5_application_for_tax_exempt_transfer_and_registration_of_firearm.pdf
      1 MB · Views: 302
    • f_5320_23_national_firearms_act_nfa_responsible_person_questionnaire_0.pdf
      855.2 KB · Views: 299

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I think the interpretation is going to devolve into who the BATFE believes are the responsible parties.

I think it's actually pretty clear who they believe the responsible persons are.

In the case of a trust, those persons with the power or authority to direct the management and policies of the trust include any person who has the capability to exercise such power and possesses, directly or indirectly, the power or authority under any trust instrument, or under State law, to receive, possess, ship, transport, deliver, transfer, or otherwise dispose of a firearm for, or on behalf of, the trust.

Thus, if a person has any of the powers enumerated above, they're a responsible person. That part is pretty clear. I think the fungible part comes in to where now the ATF is going to have to read through every single trust that they get in order to determine who, on that particular trust, is a responsible person. In the past, it didn't particularly matter if a given person was an RP or not, because it effectively didn't matter, and now it does.

This is why I was actually really happy that the guys behind my trust (199Trust.com) emailed me a couple weeks ago with a free amendment template for my trust that points out in very plain language that only the Settlor and full Trustees are RPs, NOT the successor trustees or beneficiaries.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    My big concern is how will finger prints be submitted via efile. Will we be able to scan the card and upload or will we have to pay for Live Scan?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It's more the "read through the trust and understand who has what powers" that I think the BATFE is going to choke on.

This is exactly what I was getting after.

It could mean a rise in processing times for Trust applications.

Of course, who knows how the ATF will decide to do anything. They can always just come out with another "a shoelace is a machinegun" wackadoodle reading of things any time they want to.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    My big concern is how will finger prints be submitted via efile. Will we be able to scan the card and upload or will we have to pay for Live Scan?

Since they (ATF) said that the fingerprints don't have to be from law enforcement, and Silencer Shop already has a machine in production to do finger prints, I think that you can just scan you prints in and upload them (digital prints). This shouldn't be an issue..

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-is-not-the-end/

kiosk-660x247.gif

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    I wonder if the prints have an expiration date like the ones we send MSP?

If not you could just get a set done and resend them each time.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I kind of want to test how fast the process will be now. I wonder if trusts after 41F will get dedicated examiners as the others go through the pre-41F rush. I just need to review the requirements for the fingerprints/photo

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I wonder if the prints have an expiration date like the ones we send MSP?

If not you could just get a set done and resend them each time.

You have to send them on a fingerprint card.

So until you can somehow get the scan of the prints to print them on the card yourself, it might be difficult.

But one of the places that digitally takes your prints and prints them in a laser printer on the the card, could print you 10 or more cards at a time. :)

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I'm sorry, but commercial printers that would support a high enough DPI (resolution) for fingerprints, are not economically viable for standard kiosks or typical home users, nor would the ATF accept such print-outs. For this to work it would be a process similar to Live Scan, in which the fingerprints are never physically printed to paper, but are solely collected / stored digitally.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Since they (ATF) said that the fingerprints don't have to be from law enforcement, and Silencer Shop already has a machine in production to do finger prints, I think that you can just scan you prints in and upload them (digital prints). This shouldn't be an issue..

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-is-not-the-end/

kiosk-660x247.gif
    Hmm, I wonder what shop in Finksburg is going to have one of those . I bet it's an IP with the initials BBP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom