• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Time for my first renewal. The form asks for a count of how many I purchased and how many I sold. I didn't sell any but I did return one because it was missing the extractor. How would you count this?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This doesn't sound like a legal question since it they keep this information they have a database of firearm ownership.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Another question on this: Do I count all guns logged into my bound book, or only those I purchased using my license (in other words, do I include the guns I purchased in Maryland not using my C&R?)

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Another question on this: Do I count all guns logged into my bound book, or only those I purchased using my license (in other words, do I include the guns I purchased in Maryland not using my C&R?)

Depends. This is how I understand it.

If you purchased a C&R firearm using a 4473 and not your C&R, you still have to log it into your acquisition. Doesn't matter, because you still hold that license.

If you purchased a C&R firearm prior to having your C&R license, you do not have to log it in to your acquisition. If you sell that firearm, you need to log it into your disposition.

So my guess is if you purchased a C&R without your C&R but you still have a C&R, you should probably log it.

IANAL

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Depends. This is how I understand it.

If you purchased a C&R firearm using a 4473 and not your C&R, you still have to log it into your acquisition. Doesn't matter, because you still hold that license.

If you purchased a C&R firearm prior to having your C&R license, you do not have to log it in to your acquisition. If you sell that firearm, you need to log it into your disposition.

IANAL

I knew I had to log them -- and did so. I ask because the form asks: "7a. How many firearms have you acquired with your firearms license over the past 3 years?"

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    I knew I had to log them -- and did so. I ask because the form asks: "7a. How many firearms have you acquired with your firearms license over the past 3 years?"

Yeah my bad, I totally missed your question before. Long day :sad20:

I would play it along the lines of "better safe than sorry". I guess what I was getting at is if it had to be logged it is probably the same as using your license. Especially when it doesn't matter if you do or don't for the log. Not entirely sure though....:popcorn:

Jul 1, 2012

Whatever is logged in (and out of) the book, IMHO - if it ever came to it, that's what they would look at to cross-check and it is a "stand-alone" document.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom