• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The youth are not the only one's that have been brain washed into thinking this. I spoke to gun collecting hunter buddy of mine and he said the same thing. I told him I was very sorry to hear that. :sad20:

Ask him if he thinks that breathing is equally as outdated. This may come as a shock to him, but there's a profound causal relationship between a strong self-defense and a continued ability to breathe.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    397766_4746526414942_834099868_n.jpg

Good
    Lets hand these out at rape survivors group therapy ask about the 30 seconds.

Then ask them to talk to Frosh.... :)

Or his wife.. :)

Or his Daughter :)

Update

THE BRADY thing pissed me off so much that I had to satirize the F..k out of it right away.. could not sleep

Now its edgy and a bit raw could use some work.. but if I pocket it I may not do what I need to which poke right back This is aimed a the Brady message

and then I did a fact check

I was got..

This is not the kind of satire I was referring to.

That I got taken is one thing ( i can take it ) but it may be actionable due to the use of trade dress.

Anyway i will not post the satire I had written ( monthy python style) as it is too edgy. It does put unfair stress on rape victims, not intentionally but .. well a joke about the Holocaust is still about the Holocaust )

What you want is ridicule, pure rule 5.

Now i have to go to bed so I can get up... :)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    "the Center for Health Equity"

"the Office of Diversity and Inclusion"

Has a nice Orwellian ring to it.

Dr. Stephen B. Thomas

I see. If we find different distributions of HIV,obesity, and diabetes among population groups, it must be evidence of "inequity", which can only be the result of "social injustice", that is, oppression. Couldn't possibly result from individual choices resulting from differing socio-cultural values.

Looks like a great way to set yourself up in a cushy tenured job with a high-status title, lots of government and foundation grant money, and absolutely no accountability or requirement to demonstrate results or value for money flushed down the toilet spent.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    So last night's march only had 4 "going" on Facebook and the school page is remarkably quiet about how awesome it went. As a matter of fact, it's basically crickets over there. Is it a "march" if you only have four people?

That's the size of my little family. We don't "march" for groceries. Or "march" to the swingset.

And nobody would ever call my two little kids, "silent". Any of you who has talked to me me at night will tell you that! :)

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    " I lost brain cells discussing to no avail with others in my age bracket about the 2A, "

Think thats sort of funny statement considering where I was this week. Monday I was sitting in a small hotel bar in Yonkers NY, 2 minutes from NYC. Somehow a discussion started about 2a, maybe based on what was on the TV. To my right a local, to my left a group with people from Georgia, PA and upstate NY. Not a single anti 2a in the bunch. Not surprised but based on the area a strange thing.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    So last night's march only had 4 "going" on Facebook and the school page is remarkably quiet about how awesome it went. As a matter of fact, it's basically crickets over there. Is it a "march" if you only have four people?

That's the size of my little family. We don't "march" for groceries. Or "march" to the swingset.

And nobody would ever call my two little kids, "silent". Any of you who has talked to me me at night will tell you that! :)

I don't think they actually realize how big the University of Maryland is in shooting sports.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Honestly, man...the blackball vote was decades ago. You really need to move past it already. :D

Didnt go to college. Started working immediately after high school. Actually about to start this summer. But no frats for me, i dont have any homosexual urges to explore. Plus i dont get calling people "brother" like you have a common bond with them when an initiation is just having a few beers. I have brothers already.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    An email I received today:

A silent march is being organized on campus this evening at 7:15 PM (after the Cornell West talk) to bring attention to the need for real solutions to end gun violence. The idea for this emerged out of a discussion last night organized by the Theta Theta Chapter of the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity at which Dr. Stephen B. Thomas (Center for Health Equity) spoke. It is being sponsored by the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity, the Center for Health Equity, and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.

Please share the event details on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/123328174514067/ with your students and faculty.

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly Blake l Communications Director l School of Public Health

University of Maryland l College Park, MD l 20742-2611

office: SPH 2242F l ph. 301.405.9418 l fax 301.405.8397

email: kellyb@umd.edu l SPH website: http://sph.umd.edu/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UMD.SPH

Twitter: http://twitter.com/UMDPublicHealth

Thanks to Kelly for putting it together IMO. I work at UMD too. I'm not supporting her POV, but I will tell you that 18-20 year olds are not as firmly grounded in these matters.

One of my coworkers is a little freaked out as he sat right next to the kid that shot the other students in a class last semester.

He told me that the kid gave no indication at all that something was up. Personable, easy to speak with/get along with... etc.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Didnt go to college. Started working immediately after high school. Actually about to start this summer. But no frats for me, i dont have any homosexual urges to explore. Plus i dont get calling people "brother" like you have a common bond with them when an initiation is just having a few beers. I have brothers already.

I must have missed out as I didn't get any such opportunities for exploration within mine. Maybe all that cool stuff happened when I was in the adjacent room, passed-out or studying...and our initiation and brotherhood bonds were born of more than just having a few beers. It took countless gallons of beer, enough liquor to float a battleship and sufficient shared risk/culpability for mischievous misdeeds to ensure mutual silence for a period of life + twenty years. So sad to hear that I missed out on all that good clean elephant-walk/circle jerk fun! I was a loser, though, and had to buy friends 'cause nobody wuvved me

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I must have missed out as I didn't get any such opportunities for exploration within mine. Maybe all that cool stuff happened when I was in the adjacent room, passed-out or studying...and our initiation and brotherhood bonds were born of more than just having a few beers. It took countless gallons of beer, enough liquor to float a battleship and sufficient shared risk/culpability for mischievous misdeeds to ensure mutual silence for a period of life + twenty years. So sad to hear that I missed out on all that good clean elephant-walk/circle jerk fun! I was a loser, though, and had to buy friends 'cause nobody wuvved me

Touched a nerve? Sorry i didnt mean to insult your social club. Im impressed that you can drink more beer than me. Ive just dealt with enough drunk frat guys who like to try and fight everyone. Alot of them cry while sobering up in the commissioners office when they realize that Greek letters wont get them special treatment.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD

No surprise there... I think they are "saving up" for the rally on March 1st :rolleyes:. They prolly don't want to expend too much energy too soon..

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope their rally March 1 is a complete dud. It will be interesting to see how many show up.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Touched a nerve? Sorry i didnt mean to insult your social club. Im impressed that you can drink more beer than me. Ive just dealt with enough drunk frat guys who like to try and fight everyone. Alot of them cry while sobering up in the commissioners office when they realize that Greek letters wont get them special treatment.

Not particularly but like many, I tend to display less patience for ignorantly parroted stereotypes when personally a member of the group being ridiculed. I am not above self-deprecating humor but the operative word is self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom