• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TripleEight

Apr 2, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I bought one about a year ago for $120. Sold it a few months later for $100 and bought a Aimpoint PRO for $360.

Pros: Holds zero, mounts nice and solid, has iron sights built-in on top, I really liked the overall shape/size of the T-dot

Cons: Mine had really blurry crosshairs (main reason for selling), bigger/bulkier than I expected, heavy, not bright enough in daylight IMO

Perhaps I got unlucky and got a bad one. I saw other reviews that said the reticle was nice and crisp :shrug:. If it's the style you want, I'd say go for it for that price. If you don't like it you could sell it and make your money back. I also saw really good reviews for the Bushnell TRS-25 HiRise

Edit: and you can try coupon code "Bushnell10", it may or may not take 10% off......just saw it in another thread on here

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Bushnell 1-4 AR scope will be a better choice,although no illumination. However for $70 and free shipping ? - why not! I already have PCL so don't need any more 1-4 scope.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have the 1-4. I ordered one of the TRS-32s for $45 last week. I figured for that price, I'd give it a shot.

I just ordered the TRS-25. It's lighter and I can put it on my 22/45 if I don't like it on a rifle.

And the "Bushnell10" still works.

Thanks.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Bushnell has come a LONG way. They stand behind their products, and frankly I've never had one of their products that didn't at least hold zero in the last 7 years or so.

I've got this sight, as well as a couple TRS trophies, and a couple throwdown scopes, and all of them have performed flawlessly.

I'd go with the throwdown personally. Red dot at 1x mag, switches to 4x in a flash. Only downside is that the red dot is not visible in bright daylight except on the brightest setting. the difference between setting 9 and 10 is HUGE

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    but yeah, this red dot is much bulkier than it seems.

The TRS-25 on the other hand is so small as to be microscopic, and I've literally beaten the everloving crap out of mine with no ill effect other than some smudges on the lens that came right off.

Go with the PCL throwdown though. Just keep some batteries on hand if you are going to run it on setting 10 all the time.

Usually during overcast or evening use, I use setting 8, setting 4 or 5 for night, and 10 for bright sunny days. Not a lot of bleed from the reticle on any setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom