• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Called them up. Won't rate customer service as stellar. They said they will get back with me with a response and an rma number when they get to my email. But I was already on the phone with them and sounds like they didn't want to resolve this with any kind of urgency.

You get one chance to make a first impression.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Called them up. Won't rate customer service as stellar. They said they will get back with me with a response and an rma number when they get to my email. But I was already on the phone with them and sounds like they didn't want to resolve this with any kind of urgency.

You get one chance to make a first impression.

Done, they'll never get any of my business. You're on the phone with them and they blow you off like that. Nope, no way. Like you said, they had 1 chance at making a first impression and they blew it.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Done, they'll never get any of my business. You're on the phone with them and they blow you off like that. Nope, no way. Like you said, they had 1 chance at making a first impression and they blew it.

Update...
    I did get an email response from franklin armory this evening, they apologized for what happened and promised to make things right. I was issued a UPS label and an RMA number. I'll be sending the incomplete trigger back tomorrow. Let's see the response time.

The email response was satisfactory, but the person that answered the phone this am did not do much for first jmpressions.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Sorry to hear this, SCARCQB. Hopefully they get their act together, I'm still hopeful this was worth my money. Meh, it only cost $2NFAS (two NFA stamps). :)

I sent the incomplete unit back two days ago via prepaid USP service. FA stated that they will make things right. But no mention of when they are shipping the replacement unit out.

I hope it's not another 8 week wait.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just got home and look what the postman brought today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 375

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Turn around was really fast. Franklin armory did make things right.

Okay. I did break out the dremel and had to open up my registered SBR receiver to fit the trigger group. The receiver was easier to mill than messing with the trigger housing. Ill just cerakote it later.Took me several hours of hand fitting to get things right. Nice thing about the tight receiver is that it is snug and doesn't require any shims. The rear, sides and front had to be opened up. A dremel with a small drum sander made quick work of it.

If the trigger drops in without resistance or is too loose, FA provided shims that will support the trigger group from the bottom.I did not need them as I hand fitted everything.
    FA should modify the design and use set screws instead of shims, similar to the elftmann triggers.

The trigger in semi auto feels like a standard military trigger. Nothing bad or special about it. In binary mode, it's feels weird. Same feel as in semi, but the hammer dropping on the release will need some time to get used to. Reset is a tad longer and a bit gritty. This should loosen up with use. Operating the selector also feels a bit strange. Its still tight, isn't as tactile as standard triggers.this should also loosen up with use. And I intend to use this toy.

Installing the trigger in non mil spec lowers can be a pain in the rear. If you're not mechanically inclined, I suggest a gunsmith or sending your lower to FA to get the BFS factory installed.

The trigger pack fits in a armalite, bushmaster,bcm, sun devil, Anderson, ares( those are the only pre ban receivers i have).will not fit in a colt, sgw, Olympic without milling or fitting. My SBR project is an older SGW register SBR lower. Bought during the Clinton assault weapons ban. So it's almost as bad as the colt, in terms of having the lower blocked to prevent the use of a dias or rll.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      107.1 KB · Views: 480
    Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The bare aluminum areas required milling. Non spec lower. But I wanted it in an SBR.

Kns pins are also a good idea. I ordered a set, just to make sure the pins don't walk during use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 359

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'll try to test fire it tomorrow ��

I have also used a Troy stock as that system has a lighter bolt carrier and no separate buffer. The lighter bolt carrier may help in resolving the issue of the operator outrunning the action.

I'm not really speedy Gonzales on the trigger, this may not be an issue for me. I just want the ability to do fast double taps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      114.5 KB · Views: 445

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The second one is going on an ARES MCR belt fed. That will be a simpler install as the trigger drops in without milling. I'm just not sure if the MCRs bolt group is light enough to run with the trigger. I'll have to experiment using the SBR as a test platform.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    From what I'm reading, the bfs works well with a lighter bolt carrier and light buffer, stronger spring. It seems that the troy stock is perfect for it. We will see on friday. Its range day.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    From what I'm reading, the bfs works well with a lighter bolt carrier and light buffer, stronger spring. It seems that the troy stock is perfect for it. We will see on friday. Its range day.

Of course that's a day I have to work...

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Turn around was really fast. Franklin armory did make things right.

I did break out the dremel and had to open up my registered SBR receiver to fit the trigger group.

Wow, sir, you have cahones to take a dremel to what looks like a Noveske receiver that has been SBR'd. I am impressed. I am fairly skilled mechanically speaking, but I am impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom