Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 15th, 2019, 06:30 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
Have not designed the stages yet, and so the ammo estimates are "better safe than sorry."

I see nowhere in the rules that says you CANNOT use a PCC as a rifle. Is this something that is not typically allowed? I would not be opposed to it, unless of course that goes against the grain in some way; in which case we would like to avoid setting that precedent.
I shoot with the club that made the Mid Atlantic Ruleset(previously FN Rules) PCC is allowed if the MD does a seperate stage breif for PCC allowing different target engagements. You should prob add this later after you guys get several matches under your belt and a good feel for stage design.It will only add complexity to the match design.
Glad to see another club picking up 3 gun. Good Luck!
Broncolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2019, 06:40 PM #12

I'm looking to just do 2 gun. How does that work? I just skip on past the shotgun stuff during the transition between guns during the stage?
Xshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:15 PM #13
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshot View Post
I'm looking to just do 2 gun. How does that work? I just skip on past the shotgun stuff during the transition between guns during the stage?
Yes, well basically yes. Many of the stages have targets that can be engaged with either a pistol or a shotgun. On those stages, you will just use your pistol. There are only a few targets that are shotgun only, typically aerial birds.

If you would like, you can also being a few boxes of shotgun shells and I will find someone on your squad to let you use their shotgun. This is pretty common.
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 09:24 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobborg View Post
It's section 3.2. Also, most PCCs have standard magazine capacity of at least 31 rounds. Use of those would require the competitor to run in Open.
The way the rules are enforced is that you can have a larger mag as long as you dont load over division capacity in a rifle.

AR mag extensions are allowed but no more than 30 in the mag at any time.
Same with a PCC. Longer mag allows gun support in some prone stages. It's not uncommon for some guys to shoot a 40 rnd mag with only 30 rounds on a prone or rooftop simulator stage to elevate the gun supported by the mag.

Tac Ops with a shotgun you can have a tube that holds more than 9 but you can have more than 9 in it from the start. Load as many as you want after the timer goes off.

Pistols may not have a mag length larger than 140mm in Tac ops no matter what.

Understand?
Broncolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2019, 06:17 PM #15
Eqinsu Ocha

Eqinsu Ocha

I'm not 100% sure which division I want to be in, so I just registered in Tactical Scope to make sure I have a spot. It looks like Practiscore will let me change my division myself, which is nice. I'm tempted by Heavy Metal, but have a couple division/equipment questions.

1) Somewhere (I guess it was in another thread), I'm pretty sure I read that Heavy Metal is pump shotgun only. I don't see that restriction in the Mid-Atlantic rules.

2)Can I use my M1A? I remember previous action shoots at AGC having restrictions (I'm sure I've seen "No AK's" before, but, not having an AK, I never paid that much mind). The confirmation email I got from Practiscore did not list any specific prohibitions other than no AR pistols or AP ammo.

3) Can I use my PTR32? It is an HK-style 7.62x39. I have completely non-magnetic ammo I would use.

I just don't want to bring the wrong toys to the party
Thanks.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Art3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:41 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3 View Post
I'm not 100% sure which division I want to be in, so I just registered in Tactical Scope to make sure I have a spot. It looks like Practiscore will let me change my division myself, which is nice.
Same here, just registered. The only rifle I have with a good zero has an ACOG so thatíll be it.
Old October 28th, 2019, 11:44 AM #17
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

I'm not the match organizer, but I did annoy him quite a bit in the last thread for some answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3 View Post
1) Somewhere (I guess it was in another thread), I'm pretty sure I read that Heavy Metal is pump shotgun only. I don't see that restriction in the Mid-Atlantic rules.
It's not in the rules. It is a bit inexplicable, and essentially makes pump guns a terrible choice in all classes. If you are purely gaming, you're better off just doing 2 gun division than bringing a pump gun (or a semi with a short tube).

Quote:
2)Can I use my M1A? I remember previous action shoots at AGC having restrictions (I'm sure I've seen "No AK's" before, but, not having an AK, I never paid that much mind). The confirmation email I got from Practiscore did not list any specific prohibitions other than no AR pistols or AP ammo.
Yes.

Quote:
3) Can I use my PTR32? It is an HK-style 7.62x39. I have completely non-magnetic ammo I would use.
Yes. Last time I asked, there were no restrictions on using bimetal jacket ammo at the AGC 3 Gun match, which makes it a bit of a unicorn. There is no reason you cannot use 7.62x39 - just make sure it's not steel core.

Please remember that maximum range is like... 50 yards. Holdovers are not going to be a thing, and 308 is just going to weigh you down outside of Heavy Metal.
Old October 28th, 2019, 12:06 PM #18
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

1. Takes more than asking a question to annoy me. Sorry if I came off that way.

2. Not sure why, but Mid Atlantic Rules do not specify the type of shotgun action that is to be used in Heavy Metal. We have very few that register for this division and may very well eliminate it next time around (unless there is a protest or someone wont attend because of it)

3. I don't care what type of rifle you use as long as it fits into the ammo restrictions, which admittedly aren't all that restrictive. No steel core and you are good.

At the end of the day, if a shooter ruins a target or does something that could cause harm to another person, then that shooter will be DQ'd and asked to pay for the damage (typically in excess of $100). If the DQ'd shooter refuses to pay for the ruined prop, then they wont be invited back.

On another note, we just made a trip to PA during the monsoon yesterday and bought a bunch of cool new props/carnival games. We now have plenty to run four stages and therefore have added a 4th squad.

That said, we still have 11 spots open on practiscore.com Spread the word. The more shooters we get, the more $$$ we have to spend on future matches. We are currently exploring ways to make the bays 180 degree ranges. Its going to be expensive.

Look forward to seeing everyone.
Old October 28th, 2019, 12:28 PM #19
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
2. Not sure why, but Mid Atlantic Rules do not specify the type of shotgun action that is to be used in Heavy Metal. We have very few that register for this division and may very well eliminate it next time around (unless there is a protest or someone wont attend because of it
I don't think Heavy Metal is a bad division to have around, but the rules for it need an update. Make it pump gun only, and allow a reflex sight on the rifle. This would open up the number of people who could/would shoot it substantially, I suspect. Who maintains the rule set?
Old October 28th, 2019, 12:31 PM #20
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
I don't think Heavy Metal is a bad division to have around, but the rules for it need an update. Make it pump gun only, and allow a reflex sight on the rifle. This would open up the number of people who could/would shoot it substantially, I suspect. Who maintains the rule set?
I believe the guys up at York IWLA had a heavy hand in writing these rules. I am certain that there is a reason but I do not know what it is. I will see if I can find out.

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting