Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 12th, 2019, 08:38 AM #2441

Location: Where everyone knows that Epstein Did Not Kill Himself.

Location: Where everyone knows that Epstein Did Not Kill Himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
I think you meant to post Nov 26th...
Arrrgggh...
Thank you.

Quote:
...Iím studying for AE but it sure is a lot harder than Tech/General. Right now Iím scoring 65-67% on practice tests so Iím still a bit away from feeling confident. However a lot can happen in 2 weeks so you might see me there.
Good, hope so!
Stop calling anti-gun politicians ďstupidĒ. They are not. If you simply look at the way they conduct themselves, you can understand why they fear and hate armed citizens and the grave risk citizens present to the increasingly corrupt. It has nothing to do with street-level crime and you will not ďeducate themĒ your way out of this.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
E.Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2019, 10:36 AM #2442

Quote:
I just watched a quick video showing the features of the FT-1000d. Wow. I don’t think thats in my league at this time. The display on that radio is amazing.

My stretch goal is the 991a. It’s really the max I can budget right now and I think it’s still portable enough to take camping should I want to.
It is an amazing rig.

I had some buddies over and we ran field day out of my house with 3x HF rigs and some 2m, 440, 6m, and 220 also.

I was telling the guys to listen under the edges of a loud station. They could not figure out what I was telling them to do. So we swapped rigs. And I found out, they couldn't do it. The quad conversion receiver is amazing.

I did my WAC, WAS, DXCC, and WPX in one year. With a Cushcraft R-5 vertical as my primary antenna.
Pinecone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 11:21 PM #2443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
It is an amazing rig.

I had some buddies over and we ran field day out of my house with 3x HF rigs and some 2m, 440, 6m, and 220 also.

I was telling the guys to listen under the edges of a loud station. They could not figure out what I was telling them to do. So we swapped rigs. And I found out, they couldn't do it. The quad conversion receiver is amazing.

I did my WAC, WAS, DXCC, and WPX in one year. With a Cushcraft R-5 vertical as my primary antenna.

Thanks for the info. If you ever do another field day, I would be interested in joining. Sounds cool.

I just now finished modifying my new 991A to add the Panadapter mod. Iím an OK board tech but itís just hobby skills so there was a real chance I could have fried my new radio. Thankfully carefully planning and a lot of online help from the modís creator kept that from happening. No smoke or sparks.

https://youtu.be/M6seNCzsvkg

Still have some more work to do but the first live test was a success.
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 03:29 AM #2444
What fresh hell is this?

What fresh hell is this?

Quote:
Thanks for the info. If you ever do another field day, I would be interested in joining. Sounds cool.

I just now finished modifying my new 991A to add the Panadapter mod. Iím an OK board tech but itís just hobby skills so there was a real chance I could have fried my new radio. Thankfully carefully planning and a lot of online help from the modís creator kept that from happening. No smoke or sparks.

https://youtu.be/M6seNCzsvkg

Still have some more work to do but the first live test was a success.
Very cool.

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

ďIf there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.Ē - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 08:22 PM #2445

Finally my roofing guys finished my roof and installed my VHF/UHF antenna. I still have my radio all torn apart but so I canít get on the air yet, but Iím looking forward to.

Looks a little crooked but there is no way Iím climbing up there to adjust it and they didnít charge me to put it up so it is staying like this.

Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
Old November 14th, 2019, 08:35 PM #2446

Looks fine!
Engine4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 08:38 PM #2447
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Finally my roofing guys finished my roof and installed my VHF/UHF antenna. I still have my radio all torn apart but so I canít get on the air yet, but Iím looking forward to.

Looks a little crooked but there is no way Iím climbing up there to adjust it and they didnít charge me to put it up so it is staying like this.

Cool! What is it?

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 10:29 PM #2448
Lighten up Francis

Lighten up Francis

Comet GP-6?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:23 PM #2449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Comet GP-6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
Cool! What is it?

Diamond X200A.

I actually got my transceiver together and fired it up for a few min. Iím able to open several repeaters within 20-23mi. I could ping a repeater in Davidsonville (27mi) and get it to open but with lots of static.
Old November 15th, 2019, 12:01 PM #2450
MSI, NRA, & SAF Member

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine4 View Post
So I'm scanning the dial today on 20 meters & happen to hear a guy calling CQ on 14.313 for a propagation report. He's coming in strong so I answer him. Turns out he's in Victoria BC, so I give a signal report, trade a little small talk, & sign off. Immediately afterwards I hear a guy saying "go away moron" & a few other invectives. I'm kinda on the ball today, so I look the guy up on QRZ & Google his name. Well, seems as if he has quite the reputation, going back many years as a felon, crook, child abuser, & general ne'er do well. There are also quite a few videos on YouTube concerning this guy, as he stays strictly on that frequency & it's easy to find by looking for 14.313. His call is VE7KFM, if you guys are so inclined. It's really wierd what you find on the radio.
That's odd since the Ham Radio community (like carry permit holders) tends to be much more law-abiding than the general populace.
ToneGrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland