• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I am in need of small HVAC contractor, or just a general contractor I guess. I have a current issue where one of the junction boxes is leaking condensation into the walls/ceiling. I got up in the attic back in 2015 to replace the blower motor and will not be doing that again. The space, as you can see, is small... very small.

I got up enough last night to see that the leak is coming from the box in the 3rd picture. Best I can guess is that since the plastic wrap on the duct is coming apart and is more or less dry rotted, that it needs to be replaced. In 2015 one of the ducts was full of water. I have to assume that the temperature difference is causing condensation to form in all of the wrong places. I don't know when it was installed, but the serial number looks like it should be 2002.

On a side note, I also need a new attic fan, motor is burned out, and I really can't get to it for the same basic reasons. The attic does have gable vents and a ridge vent, so I don't know if a fan is really needed or not, not my area of expertise.

I was hoping to keep this to a small business vs some place like Sears or Blue Dot. Perhaps local to MDS??

Thanks,
    Mark

20150519_201036.jpg

20150519_202143.jpg

20150519_202158.jpg

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    R-22, must be an older unit. I’d got with a plugged condensate line as well. You might also want to tape up the insulation on the duct where it’s ripped (button picture).

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Thanks guys for the ideas, I did find someone who can actually get up there. Was a split condensate drain pipe. It is fixed temporarily, he is going to come back and we are going to just replace the entire run and put a proper slope on it. The water was sitting in the pipe and froze over the winter and split the PVC. He is going to tape up / replace the ducts as well.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom