Bass Pro fully stocked with optics now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I stopped into the BPS at Arundel Mills on Saturday just to look around some and to my surprise they still had a large supply of ammo from the mornings delivery. Mostly 5.56 in 55gr and 62gr.

I also walked over to the gun counter to see what was new. They were completely stocked with scopes/optics. I was shocked at the selection. For so many months now the optics selection was minimal. Now they have everything. If you looking for a new scope/optic I would go there now. Lots of great choices there.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I was at Bass Pro on Saturday, also. Right around 2:00 p.m.
    Went there after leaving Mountain Road. My wife went to see a friend at a jewelry store.

Didn't see 'spit' for ammo, except for some Federal 20 ga #3 Buck (65 boxes on the shelf.)
    I did see 3 boxes of .308 for $59.99/box.

I needed some, so, I picked up 10 boxes of 5.
    Also picked up some .454" round ball and some Pyrodex fffg powder.

Got to the check-out, and they would only let me buy 5 boxes of the #3 buck and NO round balls.

"There were NO SIGNS of quantities allowed, anywhere."

"You might take them into the parking lot and sell them."

"Hahahahahahaaaaaaa. Lady, I drove 65 miles to buy this stuff. I'm not sellin' anything."

My wife bought 5 boxes of #3 Buck. Left the round ball sitting on the counter.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville

"Hahahahahahaaaaaaa. Lady, I drove 65 miles to buy this stuff. I'm not sellin' anything."

Think I’d hit up Gander in Fredericksburg before making a run to BPS. Understand if in the area though.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Went there after leaving Mountain Road. My wife went to see a friend at a jewelry store.

Didn't see 'spit' for ammo, except for some Federal 20 ga #3 Buck (65 boxes on the shelf.)

Got to the check-out, and they would only let me buy 5 boxes of the #3 buck and NO round balls.

Sorry to hear you missed out. there seemed to be a fair amount when I got there. I guess it only takes about 1/2 hour for people to grab it all up.

byf43

Think I’d hit up Gander in Fredericksburg before making a run to BPS. Understand if in the area though.

Might stop there, too.

I have the day to myself. ANYTHING is possible!!!!!! :D
    My wife, oldest son, his wife and the grandson are going to "Lego Land" in PA.
    My daughter-in-law's Mom is going too. Not enough room for a gray-haired, old GrandPa in the Explorer.

Green Top
    Bass Pro
    Gander Mountain

Might have to stop at "Dickie's BBQ" across the river, too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Might stop there, too.

I have the day to myself. ANYTHING is possible!!!!!! :D
    My wife, oldest son, his wife and the grandson are going to "Lego Land" in PA.
    My daughter-in-law's Mom is going too. Not enough room for a gray-haired, old GrandPa in the Explorer.

Green Top
    Bass Pro
    Gander Mountain

Might have to stop at "Dickie's BBQ" across the river, too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can tell you Green Top is cleaned out of everything except shotguns! They have nothing. My wife's father lives 5min from there and he checks in regularly. I was there the other day and all they had reloading wise was a ton of 150gr 308 and 6mm a-tips. No primers and 2 8lb jugs of tightwad.

byf43

Sorry to hear you missed out. there seemed to be a fair amount when I got there. I guess it only takes about 1/2 hour for people to grab it all up.

Must have missed it. The shelves where they used to keep ammo, had doggie beds stacked up.
    The shelf where the 20 ga. #3B and .308 ammo was, had nothing else on it.
    Even my wife commented that she'd never seen BP that way.

I can tell you Green Top is cleaned out of everything except shotguns! They have nothing. My wife's father lives 5min from there and he checks in regularly. I was there the other day and all they had reloading wise was a ton of 150gr 308 and 6mm a-tips. No primers and 2 8lb jugs of tightwad.

:shocked: Oh well. Just killin' time, mostly. Thanks for the heads up!

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    I met an MDSer to trade ammo in the BP parking lot today, around 215. A guy walked by grinning and asked if we were selling ammo. I'm guessing he thought one of us was selling something the other just scored. That must be a common thing now.

TTBJ

Apr 10, 2018
    Howard County

5 boxes limited signs on customer service desk:D

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Sorry you missed out. As others said, it is hit or miss. One day they have hundreds of boxes of 5.56 and 9mm, the next day it is gone.

The signs are all over, even right on the shelf where you picked up the shells (see pic). I don't know how you missed them. Signs at both entrances, a sign in the aisle, and 2 signs where the ammo usually is.

I read your post minutes before going in so I expected they might be gone, but nope... still there where they've been for weeks.

Pics for anyone who wants to see their policy.

Attachments

• 20210222_184127-1.jpg
      20210222_184127-1.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 306
    • 20210222_184144-1.jpg
      20210222_184144-1.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 310

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Wasn’t on the shelf at BP- they were setup over by the safes near the shooting arcade and selling off the rolling carts they use to stock with.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Wasn’t on the shelf at BP- they were setup over by the safes near the shooting arcade and selling off the rolling carts they use to stock with.

Yup. You have to check 3 places now.... on the shelf where the shells are (they sometimes put the 9mm and rifle ammo there), the black shelf in the aisle (I usually see winchester wb 5.56 there), and down by the safes is their new spot.

Next they'll start hiding boxes on shelves like a scavenger hunt... make you shop the whole store. ;)

byf43

Sorry you missed out. As others said, it is hit or miss. One day they have hundreds of boxes of 5.56 and 9mm, the next day it is gone.

The signs are all over, even right on the shelf where you picked up the shells (see pic). I don't know how you missed them. Signs at both entrances, a sign in the aisle, and 2 signs where the ammo usually is.

I read your post minutes before going in so I expected they might be gone, but nope... still there where they've been for weeks.

Pics for anyone who wants to see their policy.

I SWEAR, neither my wife, nor I, saw those signs!!!!!

Ah!!!!!!! We never even went over near there.
    We actually went in there to see IF they had #10 or #11 percussion caps.

Yup. You have to check 3 places now.... on the shelf where the shells are (they sometimes put the 9mm and rifle ammo there), the black shelf in the aisle (I usually see winchester wb 5.56 there), and down by the safes is their new spot.

Next they'll start hiding boxes on shelves like a scavenger hunt... make you shop the whole store. ;)

Yeah, no kidding???
    This old fart has never been good at scavenger hunts.
    Heck, I can't even find the Jello in the fridge sometimes!

Thanks, everyone!!!!!!!!

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I SWEAR, neither my wife, nor I, saw those signs!!!!!

Ah!!!!!!! We never even went over near there.
    We actually went in there to see IF they had #10 or #11 percussion caps.

Yeah, no kidding???
    This old fart has never been good at scavenger hunts.
    Heck, I can't even find the Jello in the fridge sometimes!

Thanks, everyone!!!!!!!!

It’s a shell game of sorts they seem to be playing, then they try to get you to sign up for their credit card with the caveat that they let you buy more boxes of ammo.

byf43

It’s a shell game of sorts they seem to be playing, then they try to get you to sign up for their credit card with the caveat that they let you buy more boxes of ammo.

Ya know, the young lady at the checkout asked if I had a _____.
    Never did understand what she said, because of those daggone masks.
    This old man can't decipher what people are sayin', when they have a rag in their mouth(s).

I told her that I didn't know what she was talking about. :shrug:

Oh well. I don't have their card (any longer), anyway.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I went to Bass Pro today in Bristol Tn, only ammo they had was 308, 12 Ga slugs and 6.5 Creedmore. No primers or powder. Guy said there is a line every morning to get in for ammo.

On the plus side... opened a credit card and got a 20 dollar credit. So I bought targets and 22, 30 and 44 cal cleaning brushes. :shrug: Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. She offered a military discount to boot because she noticed my hat.

Only priced one gun for drill....... Henry Golden Boy youth 22 was 499, that's well under MSRP.

byf43

I went to Bass Pro today in Bristol Tn, only ammo they had was 308, 12 Ga slugs and 6.5 Creedmore. No primers or powder. Guy said there is a line every morning to get in for ammo.

On the plus side... opened a credit card and got a 20 dollar credit. So I bought targets and 22, 30 and 44 cal cleaning brushes. :shrug: Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. She offered a military discount to boot because she noticed my hat.

Only priced one gun for drill....... Henry Golden Boy youth 22 was 499, that's well under MSRP.

I've been in that store, in Bristol, several times.
    My wife has family in Harlan, Kentucky, and I used to live in Kingsport, TN.

Nice store.

Whenever we are there, we also grab a burger and a shake and "Steak & Shake".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom