• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I am posting this for anyone in the community who would like to help out a friend of mine. Anne Arundel County recently had an officer struck by a car while on a traffic stop on Rt. 665 outside Annapolis. Basically, as I understand it Cpl. Kevin Mont had made a traffic stop on a person who decided for whatever reason to stop in the travel portion of the fast lane of traffic. He got out of his car to ask them to move to a better location, when a fast moving Acura came up from behind, and struck a Celica bouncing it into the officer. Kevin tried to jump out of the way but the Celica struck him anyway and he ended up in Shock Trauma, and now in rehab, with two badly broken legs. The driver of the Acura fled the scene and has since been arrested.

I have known Kevin since he came on the police department. From day one he has always been one of these officers who is just the kind of person you wanted coming to your house if you or a family member ever needed help. He is a great cop and one heck of a nice guy. To give you an idea, after the accident when the Celica driver was sitting on the ground crying Kevin was laying there with two broken legs trying to console him.

There is a fund to help out Kevin and his family for the next few months at the Bank of Annapolis. This is not something he started or asked for, it is something some of his friends started for him. When an officer gets injured like this there are a whole lot of expenses that aren't covered, not the least of which is the fact that all of the officer's part-time work, overtime, court time, and shift differential, which a lot of guys have to depend on to make ends meet, go out the window. Add to that the expenses of family travel back and forth to rehab and having to have mom handle the family and everything at home herself.

Below is a Paypal link and also the address for Bank of Annapolis if you want to help but don't want to use Paypal. No amount is too small, and nothing goes unappreciated. If you want to add a note that you are from the Maryland Shooters community that is up to you, just click on the "add special instructions" link on the Paypal page and it will give you a text box where you can add a note. Doesn't matter to me, but I thought it might be important to some people so I note it. I also included a Facebook link for some more background. Even if you can't donate anything feel free to visit and leave some encouraging words if you want. Thank you.

Recovery fund Paypal link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

paypal e-mail address (in case link gives you trouble) is : friendsofkevinmont@gmail.com

Bank of Annapolis Address for Mail-In/Walk-In Donations:

Kevin Mont Recovery Fund
    Bank Annapolis
    50 W. McKinsey Road
    Severna Park, MD 21146

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfKevinMont

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hey zoo could you pm me the email address where to send the money the link wont work for me. It might b my phone.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    zoo.....that link is returning an error for me. It goes to PayPal, but not to an account.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    You will soon be seeing some funds from me. Cannot access paypal from here at all, and VPN'd into my home network now makes it hard.

Hoping for a steadfast and speedy recovery to a brother in blue!

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I support all of MD's finest whenever i can, my daughter's Godfather and several other Friends are AACo's finest and i sent my support just now.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Does PayPal still take a cut for a transaction like this? Do they give charitable things a free ride?

the Celica driver was sitting on the ground crying Kevin was laying there with two broken legs trying to console him

Sounds like the officer will come out of this in better shape then that driver.

Modest donation sent electronically.

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They charged me .50 for my gift.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Thank you to everyone who has helped Kevin out so far. I just learned last night he is going to get to come home to do his rehabilitation from there. He still has a long road ahead of him, but at least he'll get to be with his family for it.

Your guys' kindness is really appreciated, as is the concern you have shown. In the future we will probably be doing some fundraisers for Kevin, looking at maybe some silent auction or raffle type things, I will keep the board posted here on anything like that we do.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wow I am a freaking moron, I tried 30 times to donate yesterday. I've tried 15 times today none of which worked.

Ummmm yeah you have to hit update amount hahaha. Ok money sent.

Pray for a speedy recovery.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Does PayPal still take a cut for a transaction like this? Do they give charitable things a free ride?

Sounds like the officer will come out of this in better shape then that driver.

Modest donation sent electronically.

Thank you Mike.

From what I understand paypal does charge a service charge even on charitable donations like these. The bank address is available in my OP for anyone who would like to avoid that.

Yes, unfortunately, as far as the Celica driver, everything I've heard seems to indicate him being an innocent victim of this too. The guy driving the Acura who hit the Celica and knocked it into the officer was a convicted felon who fled on foot after the accident. He's since been caught and charged. From what I've read on the courts website a judge let him out on $25K bail. Doesn't sound like much of a bond to me for this case but I don't want to go too far afield from the stated purpose of the thread.

http://edgewater.patch.com/articles/lothain-man-charged-with-striking-police-officer

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom