• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    He is usually pretty knowledgeable, I wonder why this intentional oversight. Good to know.

He's just covering his butt. I would too. Think about what can happen to him and his business if he were to screw up. He's not going to get a small fine and go back to work. Much more on the line. However, when he gets official information that makes it legal to do those transfers, he should allow it. If not, it's his lost sale.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If you manage to last long enough to scroll down further and suffer through the different fonts and colors, he does have a paragraph about not shipping any modern handguns to MD, and that C&R pistols have to go to FFL-01 in MD...

"MARYLAND: No modern handguns sold to anyone, dealer or not (they must be C&R eligible). All C&R eligible handguns MUST be shipped to a Maryland Class 01 dealer. C&R rifles can still be shipped directly to a C&R (Class 03) licensee."

We know that isn't the law so this is a choice that Empire has made.

That's a shame; that site hurts my eyes. There still are C&R long guns though, for now.

I wonder if MSP didn't drop him a line? That vindictiveness seems like their style.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    BALLESTER MOLINA 1911 in 45 is the gun
    MAUSER SHOP LLC is the seller
    also he said I tried to trick him into selling one to me as I knew the MD regulations

In looking at the sellers other handgun offerings, he does state that he will only ship to a FFL 01 dealer in MD. Not sure if he added that to all of his ads after the fact and I do think it's worth it to try to educate him, but unfortunately it may be easier to just move on and continue your search. Total ******** that he is trying to turn it around on you too! Sorry to hear about your troubles on this. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

rob b

c@r collecting
    In looking at the sellers other handgun offerings, he does state that he will only ship to a FFL 01 dealer in MD. Not sure if he added that to all of his ads after the fact and I do think it's worth it to try to educate him, but unfortunately it may be easier to just move on and continue your search. Total ******** that he is trying to turn it around on you too! Sorry to hear about your troubles on this. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

I see that as well
    I gave up and told him to call the MSP trooper Smith and talk to him

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Thee is a letter from the legal counsel to the MSP stating it is legal to receive directly a C&R handgun if you have an 03. I was cynical of something on the internet and icalled the lawyer and asked if this was a real letter. “ if my signature is on the bottom, its a real letter”. There are some dealers whi won’t ship to md. There are more that will.

Jul 1, 2012
    There is a letter from the legal counsel to the MSP stating it is legal to receive directly a C&R handgun if you have an 03. I was cynical of something on the internet and I called the lawyer and asked if this was a real letter. “ if my signature is on the bottom, its a real letter”. There are some dealers which won’t ship to md. There are more that will.

Posted upstream... unfortunately it's 15 years old.
    Getting a reluctant seller to call MSP LD is the way to go.

Jun 4, 2015
    Wrong when addressed in the passed, still wrong now. FFL03 is a federal license. A state can't make federal rules. Dealers however can choose not to accept it a FFL03.

That is the law in CA. You can argue all you want about Fed vs State, but handguns MUST be shipped to an 01, but they can go home same day, no wait, as a C&R.

Totally pointless.

And not MD.

agentmeade

Jan 22, 2019
    C&R Purchase

I have a copy of a letter from the State AG Office stating that there is no restriction on a Maryland C&R Licensse receiving a C&R firearm from OUT OF STATE. In this case if the seller and buyer are residents of Maryland then the transaction must be handled by a FFL 01.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That is the law in CA. You can argue all you want about Fed vs State, but handguns MUST be shipped to an 01, but they can go home same day, no wait, as a C&R.

Totally pointless.

And not MD.

I understand that many things California does doesn't necessarily follow federal law or the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom