• ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    The UN is Scum.

Hard to trust them when the President of Humans rights is from Senegal. Nothing like 3rd world leaders telling you how to live.

Did I miss the question?

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Yeah, move them to one of the 3rd World sh--holes they love so much.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Is this good news for C&R holders? Will crates of SKS rifles be coming back in from Russia?

Good news? Yes. Good news for C&R Holders? Meh.

The Russian import hold-up isn't this treaty, but the sanctions imposed on Russian oligarchs and the Putin machine. Those aren't going to go away anytime soon (nor should they). They're in place for reasons varying from the polonium assassination to the invasion of the Crimea and Georgia.

That won't change until Putin is dead and buried.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That treaty wasn't in effect yet.

Sinking it was a good move looking forward. Had a democratic senate ratified it, it could have spawned an entire new generation of legal shenanigans and administrative state over-reach. No, it didn't have a 'central registry' for all firearms, however a nefarious administration could have used it to make innocent changes like putting a different upper on an existing lower something that requires approval from the dept of state.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I don’t know much about treaty ratification. I was under the impression that, once signed, it would just sit and simmer in its own juices until it eventually got ratified. Can Trump actually “unsign” it? Is it really dead for the U.S. or just a zombie document still awaiting resurrection?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I don’t know much about treaty ratification. I was under the impression that, once signed, it would just sit and simmer in its own juices until it eventually got ratified. Can Trump actually “unsign” it? Is it really dead for the U.S. or just a zombie document still awaiting resurrection?

With it signed, all it needed was for a majority in the senate to table and ratify it (takes a couple of procedural votes). Now that he withdrew Obamas signature, that process is stopped. Of course, president O'Rourke would make it his first priority in office to re-engage with the other parties to the treaty to be admitted as a member and get a dimwit majority in the senate to sign off on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom