• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Yep! My bride and I will be their on Saturday working the MSI booth. Y'all come by now and say hi! Great time to renew your membership at a reduced gun show price.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Trying to be there in the AM and home for some range time while that thing in the sky is visible. I'm in need of P & P's ... reloading.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    will prob go Friday afternoon. looking for a glock 17, probably MOS, so i can try the carry optics game. will prob trade in my g20sf for that.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    will prob go Friday afternoon. looking for a glock 17, probably MOS, so i can try the carry optics game. will prob trade in my g20sf for that.
    Curious as to what type of carry optics are you looking at?

I am thinking of doing the same thing but have just started.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Curious as to what type of carry optics are you looking at?

really haven't gotten all that far... i've shot a couple (incl glock with milled slide, and glock mos, both with trijicon rmr) where i had real problems finding and staying on the dots, as they sit up somewhat higher than normal iron sights. sure practice will make perfect (well, for me, mediocre...) but i do shoot a lot of iron-sighted guns so going back and forth makes it real hard.

at the nra world shoot on the uspsa stage we had caniks with vortex's on top. while the triggers on the caniks absolutely sucked (crazy long take up), i actually stayed on the dot pretty good. my plastic guns are all glocks so i'm hesitant to add another brand (so $$ for new holsters, mag pouches, magazines, etc...).

bil has a sig 320x5 with a romeo dot. we did the gray guns trigger kit on it which really helped. that thing is an absolute laser (actually the caniks were also) but i 'think' the dot might sit a little higher.

http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/uspsa/opticssurvey.pdf

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    really haven't gotten all that far... i've shot a couple (incl glock with milled slide, and glock mos, both with trijicon rmr) where i had real problems finding and staying on the dots, as they sit up somewhat higher than normal iron sights. sure practice will make perfect (well, for me, mediocre...) but i do shoot a lot of iron-sighted guns so going back and forth makes it real hard.

at the nra world shoot on the uspsa stage we had caniks with vortex's on top. while the triggers on the caniks absolutely sucked (crazy long take up), i actually stayed on the dot pretty good. my plastic guns are all glocks so i'm hesitant to add another brand (so $$ for new holsters, mag pouches, magazines, etc...).

bil has a sig 320x5 with a romeo dot. we did the gray guns trigger kit on it which really helped. that thing is an absolute laser (actually the caniks were also) but i 'think' the dot might sit a little higher.

http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/uspsa/opticssurvey.pdf

Shooting the Caniks at the WSC got me to thinking about adding the red dot to my Glock for EDC.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And I'll expand Diving Driver's invitation , I'll be there relieving him , so everyone stop by any time Saturday .

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Working out that way Friday and a buddy is working in Reston so we’re going to link up at the show.

Hunting for:
    MP5 Surefire forend
    MP5 A2 stock for a lengthening project
    MP5 A3 stock for the same
    FDE Glock mags, 33rd “extendo” & regular
    Rem 870 beater for project gun

Selling:
    Glock 17 10-rd mags (maybe someone needs them)
    Glock 27 mags

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    my plastic guns are all glocks so i'm hesitant to add another brand (so $$ for new holsters, mag pouches, magazines, etc...).

Easiest solution is to get a milled slide from Suarez. Be sure to get it with the suppressor-height iron sights, it will help tremendously with acquisition of the dot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And I'll probably get there somewhat early , so good times ! , and everybody stop by and join us .

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    i've shot a couple (incl glock with milled slide, and glock mos, both with trijicon rmr) where i had real problems finding and staying on the dots, as they sit up somewhat higher than normal iron sights. sure practice will make perfect (well, for me, mediocre...)

my plastic guns are all glocks so i'm hesitant to add another brand (so $$ for new holsters, mag pouches, magazines, etc...).
    I think you know what you need to do ;)

I sent off a Glock slide to Battlewerx for an RMR cut. That’s as low as you can possibly get the RMR. If you’re already invested in Glocks and associated gear, I’d say do that. I own an MOS Guinness, but given the RMR is the only hard-use option out there, I don’t see the versatility as outweighing the height-over-bore it requires.

Polymer80 builds have driven up the cost of Gen3 Glock slides, so you might as well just buy a new pistol and make it a dedicated competition gun.

Attachments

• 07F37C9B-9948-4315-B006-A1CB25B39CB0.jpg
      07F37C9B-9948-4315-B006-A1CB25B39CB0.jpg
      122.2 KB · Views: 326
    Last edited:

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Normally the show is pretty good, but the traffic afterwards normally sucks big time.

Nice avatar :thumbsup:. Thanks good to know, I was thinking not everyone might be set up yet friday afternoon. I'm staying in Nova after the show so hopefully it wont be too terrible getting around.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Nice avatar :thumbsup:. Thanks good to know, I was thinking not everyone might be set up yet friday afternoon. I'm staying in Nova after the show so hopefully it wont be too terrible getting around.

most of the vendors are all set up for friday's when i've been there (and i'm going this afternoon). and unfortunately don't kid yourself re traffic, i've gone from there to the nra a couple times which is 5-10 miles and still half an hour or even worse.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    most of the vendors are all set up for friday's when i've been there (and i'm going this afternoon). and unfortunately don't kid yourself re traffic, i've gone from there to the nra a couple times which is 5-10 miles and still half an hour or even worse.

Oh ok great, should be plenty to see then. Yeah that’s the direction I’m going so thanks for the head up. I always expect a nightmare down there

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom