• No opinion

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Flity34

Long Time Hunter NJ,MD,VA
    Feb 4, 2015
    Rising Sun
    Absolutely

I am a life long hunter and I am for it 100%. Growing up in South Jersey in family of 10 on farm finding time to hunt and fish between school, farm, work, sports, and chores was almost impossible. And then after college working at times almost made it harder. We now live here in MD but also visit my wife's family farm property in VA where they just made Sunday hunting legal with a few obvious and sensible restrictions. I actually end up spending more hunting in VA then in MD because we can hunt Sunday.:thumbsup:

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Makes zero sense to me, NOT to be able to Sunday Hunt on your own property. The horse argument is crap for private property, if you have enough land to hunt, you most likely have enough to shoot. I would shoot every Sunday and make it aware to any Horse neighbors that take issue, that if you were allowed to hunt you may hear one shot a day but because of your opposition, you get all day shooting. Even for public land, I think you are really hurting the working person by taking away essentially 50% of their hunting availability which would never happen in any other recreational activity, imagine closing a state park or making fishing illegal on a Sunday. If they are worried about other rec activities like hiking and biking interfering with each other, maybe they should start making those illegal on Saturdays and see how they like it, they would have a fit and then their hypocrisy would be magnified. Even though there really shouldn't be a compromise, bow hunting at a minimum should be fine on any Sunday.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    What do the hunting advocacy groups think about this? Did they weigh in when this has come up in the past?

To be clear, what I want is for there to be Sunday hunting on public land for small game and such. A few Sundays for deer on private land does nothing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom