Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Reloading
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 12th, 2018, 01:16 AM #11

Talking about free repair/replacement on my three 1050s with Dillon. I was more than happy with my L-N-L, until a 1050 practically feel in my lap ($800 with four toolheads and caliber conversion for about six cartridges).
One of my three came completely disassembled to bare bones and I had to figure it out. Think I took it into Dillon store once for something I couldn't figure out.
The only thing they don't cover is when I thought I lost a piece.
noylj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 01:25 AM #12
Insane in the mainframe

Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland. Looking at a hill in WV.
Insane in the mainframe

Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland. Looking at a hill in WV.
Dillon CS has sent me replacement stuff a few times. There was the time I destroyed the LP magazine tube plastic tip and I called Dillon up and asked if I could buy a few, the guy asked how many I needed and I said 2. He tossed 3 LP and 3 SP tips into a bag for me and sent them out no charge.

I've called Dillon CS for help with something and they will take care of you, this I can personally attest to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
Like cherry blossoms in spring

Ban hammer falls and makes all better
Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

SOTAR FTW!

Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life
MDC

DaemonAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:00 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonAssassin View Post
Dillon CS has sent me replacement stuff a few times. There was the time I destroyed the LP magazine tube plastic tip and I called Dillon up and asked if I could buy a few, the guy asked how many I needed and I said 2. He tossed 3 LP and 3 SP tips into a bag for me and sent them out no charge.

I've called Dillon CS for help with something and they will take care of you, this I can personally attest to.
My tubes originally had all white tips, both small and large.

When they came out with the color coded ones, I called to order some, and they just sent them to me. 10 each.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM #14

I have a 1050 with Mr. Bullet Feeder, and I like it. I also have a RF 100 to go with it.

I liked the press fine with out the Mr. Bullet Feeder, but the MBF allows me to watch what's going on more, I guess, instead of watching and getting another bullet onto the case. When I was manually feeding the bullets, I only looked at the case after the powder dropped. With MBF, it allows me to look at more stations in the same amount of time, which can be helpful.

The RF 100 allows me to keep cranking out rounds uninterrupted. When I load, I often load 1000 rds at a time. Some of my friends prefer to load 200-300 at a time, so your reloading style determines whether the RF 100 will be useful for you or not. I like to load a lot and not reload for a period. My friends that load in 200-300 round batches, obviously reload more often, sometimes weekly, whereas I may not reload again for a month.

I meant to load 9mm and .223 with it, but so far have only loaded 9mm. It's the only press I've ever owned so I can't compare it to any other. Like you, I got the 1050 because I didn't want to hand swage. That being said, I don't know how big of a deal crimped brass is since I know plenty of high volume shooters who use the 650 and have no issues. My guess is because where we are getting the brass from, that is from matches, the brass has mostly already been reloaded once before and the crimp previously removed.

We are not getting brass from an indoor range, for example, where the likely hood of once fired brass is probably higher.

The biggest downside to the 1050 is price. Not sure if it has good value. I have not made back my investment back. That being said, it produces good bullets IMO. Although I do sometimes run into problems with 1050, it seems like when I get it set, it produces consistent great bullets. Anecdotally, some of my other friend's presses who do not have 1050s seem to require a lot of fiddling, that interferes with them making a long run of bullets. Like I said, I have had problems with 1050 too, but it's not every time. I can get long runs of rounds with no problems. Some of my friends can't make 100 rounds without having to fiddle with something.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Reloading