• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This makes no sense to me. A wounded and visibly hemorrhaging NRA is a great way to demoralize a substantial portion of the 2A community. Why on earth would they want to dissolve it?

The Cancel Culture

I think the prosecutor over stepped. instead of targeting the wrong-doers (ala Wayne), she is going after the entire organization.

She is swinging for the fences, IMHO...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why close up a 2A cash black hole? Unless maybe they are being more effective than we believe? Or at least that they believe the NRA is more effective than we believe it is.
    Because it's a boogeyman, and there's political prestige in slaying it. You guys are overthinking this. The NRA, through extreme mismanagement and corruption, made itself ineffective and open to attack. That's on them.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    mrz080820dAPR20200807034516.jpg

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    No chance this happens! None. These people have been trying to end the NRA for years! It will hurt but not end it. I believe we need to rally around the NRA now more than ever!

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Is this the same AG who campaigned in NY on a platform devoted to investing Trump and looking for crimes to take him down?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If they're going after the NRA's misdealings, let's make sure we go after other large non-profits while were at it. I worked in the nonprofit space for a number of years and I can tell you, first hand, that this type of stuff is everywhere.

It's not a coincidence that we would refer to non-profit associations as travel clubs.

Let’s see.....we’ll, the Clinton Foundation used funds to pay for Chelsea’s wedding. But hey, they’re Dimocrats! They’re allowed to break the law with no consequences.

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/1291537690635239425

4/ From May 2015 to April 2019, @NRA
    incurred over 1 million dollars in expenses for private flights when LaPierre was not a passenger.

15/ From August 2014 to January 2020, @NRA
    paid LaPierre’s Travel Consultant more than **$13.5 million**

In 2018, the NRA paid LaPierre’s Travel Consultant $2,630,531.71

In the first six months of 2019 alone, the NRA paid LaPierre’s Travel Consultant $1,007,597.80

24/ Josh Powell, @NRA
    ’s former Chief of Staff and the Executive Vice President of Operations, convinced an @NRA
    contractor to hire his wife...and then passed through her entire monthly fee of $30,000 -- yes, per month -- to @NRA
    !
    Some selected passages.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Nah, Wayne is milking the NRA the same way that Eddie Lampert has been milking Sears for decades.

Pigs need and want to get fed often and a lot, regardless of their politics....

No matter they are Corporate, Non-Profit, no matter they are Right, Left, Center, makes no difference....

Ohio speaker recently got caught taking over $60 million

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    The Cancel Culture

I think the prosecutor over stepped. instead of targeting the wrong-doers (ala Wayne), she is going after the entire organization.

She is swinging for the fences, IMHO...

You really think she cares about dues paying NRA members? For one second?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think if we/she wanted to go after corruption , going after Congress and the Senate (Government) would be a better catch and result more issues . But we all know what this is about and it is payback . Although i feel the NRA right now is the same as the wasteful , lying government they are sorta like Fat Larry and that is the best we can do right now until another fat guy comes along better .

The NRA needs to listen to the members , it says it does but it don't appear that way to me based on this board alone .

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Wayne LP brought this upon the NRA. Living in a glass ouse like that in which every Soros bought AG is going to be coming after the organization, the organization MUST be above reproach. Wayne LP has been in office too long and spend money with reckless abandon. I am a life member and I vote and always vote against the incumbents for this very reason! Absolute power corrupts.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    I and several members of my family are NRA Lifetime Members. I disagree with things that have happened and how money has been spent at NRA. Full Stop.

This makes no sense to me. A wounded and visibly hemorrhaging NRA is a great way to demoralize a substantial portion of the 2A community. Why on earth would they want to dissolve it?

If the NRA is so 2A inneffectual and wasting so many 2A donation dollars, why are we seeing them ratcheting up these assaults on the NRA? Every $ that NRA wastes on <insert some lavish thing that Wayne did> is a $1 more that isn't going toward something that helps the 2A.

Why close up a 2A cash black hole? Unless maybe they are being more effective than we believe? Or at least that they believe the NRA is more effective than we believe it is.

I believe that she, and anyone else seeking to kill off the NRA, only wants it as a feather in their cap. They can say, “Look, I took out The mighty NRA!” as they campaign for some higher office.

They don’t care about any actual principles, or the common good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I believe that she, and anyone else seeking to kill off the NRA, only wants it as a feather in their cap. They can say, “Look, I took out The mighty NRA!” as they campaign for some higher office.

They don’t care about any actual principles, or the common good.

*****The NRA will not be taken down by the AG of New York. The Teamsters were run by the flippin' mob and they are still around after major changes, and I know the courts forced other organizations to fire their board of directors and management but still allowed the organization itself to continue on - especially one the size of the NRA. They will force WLP and others out, but the NRA will survive.

The Trump Organization, a much much smaller organization was forced to dissolve for charitable funds violations and other issues, but it didn't really fight back on many of the allegations that plenty of other organizations have been accused of and done (Clinton Foundation, National Action Network, Rainbow Push, Goodwill, lots of others Etc...). It wasn't worth the money to fight it all for such a relatively small part of a pretty impressive portfolio that generates decent money, or at least did.

My best guess is WLP and the board will be gone, but to dissolve such a big organization in the midst of a political season for president is so egregiously political there would be monumental pushback from other organizations and new lawsuits and discovery for many of the lefts pet organizations that *many* retired politicos make their living from post politics. Plenty of old politicos only source of income is the think tank or charitable board positions and lobbying for these organizations.

I just don't see it happening, and I hope I am right. I just bought more instructor shirts and a really cool shot glass with a bullet in it to help support WLP's expensive tastes, until he gets kicked out.

I'm not happy with the NRA either but the fact remains they are the 800# gorilla that has tremendously high name recognition and still has great influence on everything from politics to safe firearm instruction, events, and making trouble for gun grabbers.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    *****The NRA will not be taken down by the AG of New York. The Teamsters were run by the flippin' mob and they are still around after major changes, and I know the courts forced other organizations to fire their board of directors and management but still allowed the organization itself to continue on - especially one the size of the NRA. They will force WLP and others out, but the NRA will survive.

The Trump Organization, a much much smaller organization was forced to dissolve for charitable funds violations and other issues, but it didn't really fight back on many of the allegations that plenty of other organizations have been accused of and done (Clinton Foundation, National Action Network, Rainbow Push, Goodwill, lots of others Etc...). It wasn't worth the money to fight it all for such a relatively small part of a pretty impressive portfolio that generates decent money, or at least did.

My best guess is WLP and the board will be gone, but to dissolve such a big organization in the midst of a political season for president is so egregiously political there would be monumental pushback from other organizations and new lawsuits and discovery for many of the lefts pet organizations that *many* retired politicos make their living from post politics. Plenty of old politicos only source of income is the think tank or charitable board positions and lobbying for these organizations.

I just don't see it happening, and I hope I am right. I just bought more instructor shirts and a really cool shot glass with a bullet in it to help support WLP's expensive tastes, until he gets kicked out.

I'm not happy with the NRA either but the fact remains they are the 800# gorilla that has tremendously high name recognition and still has great influence on everything from politics to safe firearm instruction, events, and making trouble for gun grabbers.

Agreed, I don’t think she can actually do it. Just commenting on the motivation for her attempt. She wants the political “street cred” that comes with being able to say she took on the NRA.

I don’t actually know anything about her individually, but politicians are mostly all the same and I know a grandstanding effort when I see one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom