• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    EVERY time I see the wording in this thread’s title I think; therefore; I might as well post:

WE ARE ALL IN DEEP *SS TROUBLE, MAN!

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Now is the time to renew your memberships if your not a life member. I have been a huge fan of the deals of the NRA lately but something is better than nothing. The D's still fear the NRA and that's a huge plus for us. Hopefully after the NRA holds it's elections the mess can be straightened out. Remember it's going to get much harder before it gets better!

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    This is pure politics and WHEN not IF its appealed to a higher court it will be dealt with as most/all 501c cases are

The allegation is that LaPierre stole from members of NRA (essentially) by spending gobs of money on wardrobe/travel and other ********.......and its an accurate charge worthy of pursueing.....

LaPierre IS a shitbag that HAS stolen gobs of money from members under the guise of compensation/legitimate operation costs.......NRA and members/board have been trying to hold him accountable for many years.....

So the case has merit....

But the prosecutor is trying to dissolve/shut down the NRA and punish ALL of the members instead of making them whole by punishing LaPierre and forcing him to pay back the money he "stole" from members......this is how 501c cases are handled.....not by punishing the members......in an election year

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    LaPierre IS a shitbag that HAS stolen gobs of money from members under the guise of compensation/legitimate operation costs.......NRA has paid lip service to and a minority of members and someboard have been trying to hold him accountable for manya couple of years.....

So the case definitely has merit....

But the prosecutor is trying to dissolve/shut down the NRA and punish ALL of the members instead of making them whole by punishing LaPierre and forcing him to pay back the money he "stole" from members......this is how 501c cases are handled.....not by punishing the members......in an election year

I added the bold clarifications.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The NRA leadership has screwed the pooch, and is feeling somewhat pinched.

They rely on fear as a motivator, as do most politicians - left, right, and middle. They use fear to collect cash, which they promise to use to get elected, or to influence legislation.

After a while, it becomes noticeable that nothing changes. Same crappy bills, same abuse of funds. When it becomes obvious that these groups are merely money-collecting agencies, it's time to put your funds to work somewhere else.

The NRA does a lot of good. It also has failed as an effective tool to preserve 2A, and has become a wealth-accumulator for the top brass. It needs reform, desperately.
    Since "we are the NRA" it's wrong to permit and encourage it to follow the wrong path. But with a huge Board of D the board has been neutered. The only way to grab their attention is by withholding funds until they feel the pinch.

I don't care to enable the management to continue in this direction. The organisation is still too big to fail, though that may change. I will not succumb to the scare tactics any longer. All mail and other solicitation from NRA goes straight to recycling, and will continue that way until the organisation repairs itself, or collapses.

I've stopped sending money to most politicians as well. I toss money to the Trump campaign, and to Mark Robinson. The rest goes to SAF, MSI, JPFO, and big time to Judicial Watch. (And ammunition).

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    Opinion

The NRA's legislative efforts have worked, and the low hanging fruit has been picked. States amenable to the Second Amendment are already "must issue" or better. The battle has now moved from the legislature (where the NRA was demonstrably useful) to the judiciary and ultimately to the Supreme Court. With the expected Court vacancies, this election cycle becomes critical to the gun rights movement, both at the presidential and the senatorial levels.

Speculation

Trump is a lock. There is no likely alternative. The Democrats are aware of this and thus offer a senile old man and his handler, a far left prosecutor of questionable antecedents. Their campaign revolves around enfeebling the police, gutting portions of our cities, invading our neighborhoods. The Democrats know that outside their base these are not winning planks. They are doing this not to win 2020, but to purposefully blow this election and to prepare for a Michelle Obama run in 2024.

"Vote Michelle, the black woman who can bring peace to the cities!".

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    First, I HATE seeing the words "Trump" and "lock" in a sentence. This election is going to be CLOSE AS HELL. People are dangerously underestimating how many people will vote for Biden because of how much they dislike Trump's antics.

Second, we cannot abandon the legislatures. The simple reality is this. States can pass laws all day and all night. Each law costs money to challenge in court. Each law takes time to challenge in court. These are not unlimited resources. The state has unlimited resources to defend it's laws. The Pro-2A movement does not have unlimited resources to challenge laws.

It's unlikely the court will ever say "Shall not be infringed means no gun laws." Let's be honest. Even the courts have said some restrictions on free speech are permitted. Even strict scrutiny does permit some laws, as long as they are narrowly tailored and serve a compelling government interest.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    First, I HATE seeing the words "Trump" and "lock" in a sentence. This election is going to be CLOSE AS HELL. People are dangerously underestimating how many people will vote for Biden without knowing it because of how much some people dislike Trump's antics.

FIFY

wolfdad

Older Shootin' Geek
    Mar 2, 2011
    Earth, I think..........
    NRA

I think we now know why Ollie said goodbye so quickly.....perception is reality and my perception, although a Life member, is that the almighty dollar has taken sway at the NRA.....and the more, the better. I continue my support through NSSF. LaPierre has needed to go for a LONG time, in my opinion. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    When I see a public list of NRA employees and their W-4's, building and office space rents, and pictures, I may donate again.
    I'm tired of funding these groups who live on giant salaries, fly in private jets, have fabulous offices and act they are supreme executives and hide their sins from members who pay the bill.
    And I don't mean some ******** made up list that excludes bonus's and perks and other stuff they hide and take.
    The membership dues should have 100% accountability and transparency. If Wayne LaPierre stole even one dime, his butt belongs in prison, and any others dipping in the till.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If Wayne LaPierre stole even one dime, his butt belongs in prison, and any others dipping in the till.

Along with all the Clintons, Obamas, Bidens, Reids, and every other chiseling politician who enriched himself/herself at the public trough.

WLP has done some good. after all. Let him repay the NRA what he gouged out of them, and he can walk. for all I care.

How deep into funding the NRA are you, personally? Member? Donor? Just asking, as you've barely been here a month; you have a lot of outrage, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom