HEY, LETS GET PRACTICING! Post videos/evidence of your practice HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Ahoy competitors.

As any serious gamer knows, it's very little about skill, talent, and/or badass-ness. It comes down to putting the work in. A guy that has a 3 on the talent scale can beat a guy with an 8 on the talent scale if he simply outworks the talented guy. The only advantage talent bring is that one might be able to make a milestone with less work, however one still has to put in the effort.

I'm looking to start motivating shooters to practice more! Post your photos, and videos of your dry and live fire practice here to inspire your fellow shooters to work towards becoming more competitive. Hopefully it will even spawn some rivalries!

I'll get things started with a video I took today during my dry fire practice session. My goal was to perform 5, 1 second reloads in a row on camera. After a couple stutters I got a good string together with only a little hiccup on reload #4.

If you can do better, lets see it! :party29:

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Great idea, I'll get some video to post. In fact I did video some live fire practice last night, maybe I'll edit out some of the crap and post it up.

If I have time before work in the morning I might see if I can beat your 5 reloads, granted I'm going to cheat and use a limited rig.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Great idea, I'll get some video to post. In fact I did video some live fire practice last night, maybe I'll edit out some of the crap and post it up.

If I have time before work in the morning I might see if I can beat your 5 reloads, granted I'm going to cheat and use a limited rig.

Great! Looking forward to seeing your footage. And yes reloading a limited rig IS cheating! (I'm switching to Limited after this season lol)

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Okay, Dry fire video below. I see your reloads and raise you 4 aces with a 1.8 Second Par. That was about 7 yards, draw 2-reload 2.

To break it down, I did three then F-ed the 4th one, video starts at the one I missed. Then I did 7 good ones before my arms needed a rest. I cut the last couple out of the video to keep it shorter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7A0dCXNMTU&feature=youtu.be

I also got out wed. after work and tried to do a little live fire practice. Kicking the rust off. Struggled with seeing the sights and calling my shots, you'll see why in the video:sad20:. I clearly need to improve my turning draw to get GM numbers on this classifier. My turn was in the 1.25-1.40 range for most runs. But, I already knew I've been neglecting my turning draw, but now I have a base line to work from. My best run of the night was only 94.xx%:thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am6EBwowQGw

Classifier match this weekend, next live fire practice I think I'm going to do El prez. I might try to do that one when the sun is still up.:cool:

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Good job both of you.

What range do you belong to that lets you shoot after dark? So jealous.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Okay, Dry fire video below. I see your reloads and raise you 4 aces with a 1.8 Second Par. That was about 7 yards, draw 2-reload 2.

To break it down, I did three then F-ed the 4th one, video starts at the one I missed. Then I did 7 good ones before my arms needed a rest. I cut the last couple out of the video to keep it shorter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7A0dCXNMTU&feature=youtu.be

I also got out wed. after work and tried to do a little live fire practice. Kicking the rust off. Struggled with seeing the sights and calling my shots, you'll see why in the video:sad20:. I clearly need to improve my turning draw to get GM numbers on this classifier. My turn was in the 1.25-1.40 range for most runs. But, I already knew I've been neglecting my turning draw, but now I have a base line to work from. My best run of the night was only 94.xx%:thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am6EBwowQGw

Classifier match this weekend, next live fire practice I think I'm going to do El prez. I might try to do that one when the sun is still up.:cool:

Very nice! This is exactly the kind of thing I want out of this thread. I will try and post a couple vids next week.

Are you doing the classifier match at Sanners Lake this weekend? If so I might see you there. Ill be shooting both morning and afternoon relays.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Yeah, I'll be shooting morning and afternoon too. I'm running two different limited guns, I want to see if I shoot either one better then the other.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Ok here is another practice vid. I was gonna take a day off since I did well at the match yesterday. (bump to Master in Production) but I felt I should not loose the momentum.

I decided to do some El Prez work and my goal was to get 5, 4 sec runs in a row(I beat the 4secs pretty easily. will push for 3.5 next time I run this drill). I got 4, then totally flubbed the 5th, had a rough 6th, then finished with a good 7th run. So I got 5 at least, if not in a row.

5 yards at 4" dots 4 trigger preps(total) per target with a couple pressed past the break. Not exact to the official dimensions of the drill, but good enough for my purposes.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Congratulations on making Master, that's not easy to do in USPSA. I think I may have made M in Limited at that match too, I put up three GM scores including one at 101.43%. So the work must be paying off. All it takes is a little dry fire.

I'll try to get a video of El prez one day this week, I know my turning draw is holding me back from good scores. I also plan to go to the range and run El prez a few times in live fire on Saturday. Maybe I'll video a run or two of that for comparisons.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    This improved my shooting in an hour. It certainly fixed my support hand shooting--I had been struggling for years. I only use this combination of techniques now. This is Paul Sharp's class from Rangemaster Tactical Conference 2016.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtbs7wd5C-URhwiK2-y0Qn1ZED9qL9Ifj

Cool, now let's see YOUR PERSONAL videos practicing/shooting.
    I'd like to keep this thread for that purpose. For us in the MDS community to inspire each other. There are already lots of threads on instructors and their various methods.
    Now let's see what you got!

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Congratulations on making Master, that's not easy to do in USPSA. I think I may have made M in Limited at that match too, I put up three GM scores including one at 101.43%. So the work must be paying off. All it takes is a little dry fire.

I'll try to get a video of El prez one day this week, I know my turning draw is holding me back from good scores. I also plan to go to the range and run El prez a few times in live fire on Saturday. Maybe I'll video a run or two of that for comparisons.

Nice one man! You'll make GM in no time putting up 101s.

I had 4 Ms, an A, and a B. With the another recent M on file that pushed me just over the edge to 85.56% lol. Still lots of work to do.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD

Oops I calculated my class with a repeat stage so it didn't count this round. Leaves me at 83.88 so a high A. Oh well back to the grind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom